Port of Houston Car Rental

dubi1015

Does anyone know if there are any other car rental offices near the Port of Houston other than the Seabrook Enterprise office. They clase very early on Saturdays, and I didnt want to get to the ship so early. Thanks for your help.

The "Port of Houston" is located at Barbours Cut in LaPorte, Texas on the upper north end of Galveston Bay. We live several miles from there and can not recall any car rental offices in that area as it is mostly industrial.

You might try the LaPorte/Bayshore Chamber of Commerce 281-471-1123

I called the seabrook office.they say pay $3.00 to pk in ncl lot and leave keys

they will get car.on return will be a person at a kisk to rent cars from to drive back to Hobby.

I would rather take a shuttle but can not find on in the area of port

or from Hobby.none of the Hotels we have called have shuttles.we are staying at the comfort suites in Leporte no word of shuttle

sure could use info

hope this helps

Carol

The only shuttle service I'm aware of is that offered from motels in the LaPorte area to the cruise terminal at the Port of Houston.

There are, however, numerous shuttle/limo services in the Greater Houston/Galveston area that service primarily the Port of Galveston. I'm sure some of them also provide service to the Port of Houston/LaPorte. Check on www.galveston.com for some names and numbers and give them a call.

• 2 weeks later...

We rented from Enterprise when we sailed out of Houston. Picked up the car at Hobby and returned to the Pier. It was very easy. We called Enterprise-Seabrook and told them we will return the car to the pier since it was a Saturday. They gave us all the details on how to drop the car off. We paid the $3 and told the attendent that it was for Enterprise pick-up and he told us where to park. Left the key inside and went our way. Just a short walk to the pier. One thing though, as much as I like the Port of Houston, beware of mosquito! Wear long pants, no shorts! I was jumping up and down trying to get the mosquitos away.

Archived