Packing suggestions for slinky knits?

PurpleCow

I've managed to accumulate enough travel knits from Chicos, Coldwater Creek, QVC, etc., that I'll be packing a lot of very slippery things. Anyone have any suggestions to tame them when packing? Usually they slide all over the place as soon as I start to unpack and they're impossible to stack on drawers on on shelves. I've ordered some packing cubes from Magellans. Will they do the trick?

The dry cleaners are your friend. They have slacks hangers that have tacky cardboard so you can hang pants without them slipping around. They have hangers with (it's pink from our cleaners) foam covering the upper part of the hanger that doesn't allow the knits to slip off.

I like to pack everything on these types of hangers, then cover with a dry cleaner bag. That way, I can unpack in a jiff, no need to hang anything and I re-hang after wearing, it goes back into the suitcase the same way it left home.

The cubes are wonderful for underthings, socks, ties etc... My husband thought I was crazy the first time I used them, but I've made a believer out of him. They not only keep everything organized and neat, it makes unpacking and re-packing a breeze.

I have a number of travel knit pieces, so I put similar items together in large zip-lock bags. I just fold them together gently, slide them into the bag, seal it, and voila! Instant packing. When we get to our cabin I can either leave them in the bags or take them out and hang them up or put them in the drawers. Just my 2 cents worth!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived