Pride 12/31/06 Review – First Time on Carnival!

suziehmkr

We just happened to be out there enjoying the view while waiting to head down to the Krystal for our massage. Read on another website that Karl with a K is now Cruise Director on the Paradise, so we'll get to see him in less than three weeks. Come on Feb. 5th.!!!!!

We soooo enjoyed the Krystal. Although I think DH is going to opt out next time, so I might go for the 4-hand massage! ;)

Karl with a K will be a nice fit for the Paradise. He is quirky and alot of fun. As many cruise directors & staff that the Pride seems to go thru, it makes me wonder if it is a "training ship"?? Anyone know?

Tina - Thank you for the detailed review. It will help greatly for our trip this coming spring.

I noticed some of your pictures were from the Pirate Dinner near Knott's Berry Farm. I've read some pretty horrible reviews of the dinner, especially bad seating assignments. Did you enjoy the dinner and show? My family is thinking of going to it after our Pride cruise in March.

Excellent pictures BTW!!!

Thanks - Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed the review and the pics! OK - here is my take on the Pirate Dinner....

If you are going into this trying to compare it with Medieval Times, then you WILL be disappointed. I did this for a little while and after I let that go, I enjoyed it more. They are not the same and it isn't fair to try to compare them. I am sure others have done the same which could cause negative reviews. This was more of a dinner theater show in a musical pirate format. It was enjoyable... if you have small kids, they will love it. This one has much more audience participation, especially for the kids. The arena is much smaller, etc. The food was pretty good and the service was good also. They have strolling appetizers like fruit, ham, turkey, shrimp, pasta, etc before you enter the main arena.

I am glad we went... However, I could see myself going to Medieval Times more than once, but not the Pirate show. It was a fun evening, but not one that you would go to over & over like some do the MT show.

If you haven't been to MT and you had to make a choice, then I would pick MT. If you have been to MT and want to try something different, then this show is enjoyable as long as you go into it understanding that they are completely different and that you shouldn't compare them. If you don't like musicals then you probably won't enjoy it.

Clear as mud???

Great review! Loved the pictures! They helped get me in a better mood about our cruise coming up. We are so busy and have alot to do (that has nothing to do with the cruise) between now and when we set foot on board the Pride. It reminded me that when we get there it will be fun and the getaway with be worth it!!

I have a question about your ports. Does the Pride dock in PV and Mazatlan and then tender in only Cabo? I am concerned becuase I've booked a couple of independent excursions and am trying to figure out what the stampede/wait for tender line will be like at each stop.

Glad you enjoyed it.

All ships tender in Cabo.... Ships usually dock in Mazatlan & PV. Although, I have read instances where tendering has been required in PV. The docks there can fit one large & one medium ship. From what I understand, the Pride gets preferential treatment because it sails all year to these ports. You will have little or no wait to get off in these two ports. Tendering in Cabo can be as easy as you want it to be.... if you want off early, you will most likely encounter a wait. If you don't care when you get off the ship, wait until the rush is gone and then go. We didn't have to wait more than a couple of minutes and I think we got off the ship around 9:30 or so.

Enjoy your cruise. We VERY much enjoyed the Pride and would have not problem recommending her to anyone!

Great review!!! We were getting on as you were getting off. Well, not literally. We didn't get there until 1:30 pm and had VIP check-in. We had to wait a little longer because our room keys weren't ready because of the late arrival. We had heard of your 18 ft. swells coming back. I can only imagine how rocky that was. We only had 4 ft swells on that last day and it was movement enough for me to have to take my dramamine. Glad you like Carnival. We absolutely LOVED the Pride.

• 1 month later...

Just a little bit of an update on the great customer service of Carnival. On our previous Princess cruise, we had some issues (some quite large) and after my letter, Princess basically told us too bad, so sad.

However, after this cruise on the Pride, we sent a letter to Carnival stating what a GREAT time we had, a few observations & suggestions and letting them know that we did not receive our Carnival Logo mug in our Bon Voyage package. I didn't realize it until I got home, so I didn't deal with it onboard.

However, in the mail yesterday - we received a letter thanking us for our comments. They were sorry that we did not receive the mug. To make up for not receiving a mug that might cost $10 at the most, they are giving us an onboard credit for $50! Although I didn't expect anything other than the mug, I am very pleased with the result. MUCH better than how we were treated by Princess. More kudos to Carnival. Again, bashing the theory that "you get what you pay for" - since this was the cheapest cruise that we have been on and it was GREAT!

Archived