Princess UK Link

Plant

Don't those Princess UK prices also include airfare to the U.S. or Barbados when sailing from there? If so, the prices aren't all that bad. If not, then they are very high.

If they do, then yes, the prices are not that bad. Thanks for the info.

I've seen several people from the US who are interested in how Princess "works" in the UK.

Here's the link to the Princess UK website:

Thanks Plant. I figured there must be a different website. I guess I didn't look hard enough for it.

Shelly

Thanks. Boy, those prices are really up there. One Euro goes for 1.29259 USD, (give or take a few cents).

The prices are not in Euros, they are in Sterling or pounds. £ means British Sterling. And at the moment the dollar is worth less than half of one Pound Sterling. So $1000 is worth about £498! However in the UK prices are including tax unless stated otherwise in the advert. It's the same in the shops, prices always include VAT (Value Added Tax), so you pay what you see.

We don't use Euros in the UK.

Also, the price includes transfers and often a 1 night pre cruise hotel stay. We book them for the security of the vacation being all under 1 booking. Hopefully if there is any problem with the flights Princess will look after us (they wont if you book your own flights) We may get to test this theory in 2 weeks as BA is possibly going to strike the week we depart for LA. Wish me luck, the worry is keeping me awake at night!

Kay

Another hint for UK cruisers ... don't book direct with Princess. They have a list of recommended Travel Agents on the website. Check them all out because they discount more than Princess, but not on all packages.

This works on the basis that they increase the price on some cruises to more than what Princess charge and then pass the difference onto passengers who are lucky enough to find the discounted deals.

example: 2 weeks on Crown for Southern Caribbean back to back.

Stateroom Inside JJ includes flights, transfers, taxes etc. per person.

Full price: £2605 ($5200)

Princess early bird 40% discount: £1563 ($3100)

Cruise Classified: £1330 ($2650)

almost half price.

Cabin is not chosen by cruiser. You book on a Guaranteed basis. This means you are guaranteed to get an JJ Inside but you may well get an upgrade. Upgrade chances stand at about 1 in 5.

The prices are not in Euros, they are in Sterling or pounds. £ means British Sterling. And at the moment the dollar is worth less than half of one Pound Sterling. So $1000 is worth about £498! However in the UK prices are including tax unless stated otherwise in the advert. It's the same in the shops, prices always include VAT (Value Added Tax), so you pay what you see.

We don't use Euros in the UK.

Thanks for the heads up. I am not used to seeing the £ symbol and thought I was looking at the € symbol. Therefore, even though it includes taxes, flight and transfers, I can see why some consider them expensive.

Archived