***MERCURY SS 1232 vs SS 1200*** ??

ozland

I have booked SS 1232 and after reading several threads/posts have noticed that only four Sky Suites have concierge class service.....1200, 1201, 1240 & 1241. When I booked, 1232 was the only remaining Sky Suite available and I wasn't told that there were any variations in service. Can someone explain the differences for me?

Also, when I do the virtual tour on Celebrity's website it appears there is very little storage.....the TV is on a small stand, unlike the TV's in the regular balcony staterooms--which appear to be on a shelf, in a built-in unit, with vacant shelves for storage.

Thanks for any help!

:) Cabin 1232 is a Sky Suite. It is larger and has a different layout, than a CC Room. Room 1232 also comes with a Bathtub and a Butler. Rooms 1200, 1201, 1240 & 1241 are Concierge Class (CC) rooms. Which are upgraded balcony rooms. They are smaller than 1232. But they DO have larger balconies than the CC rooms on the penthouse deck. They have a shower only. You get all the perks listed at the website under Concierge class. You can find pictures and descriptions of both at the Celebrity site. Also you should note that not all Sky Suites on the Sky deck have the same size balconies. Again refer back to the ships layout, check out the Sky deck and look at the balconies. The balconies of the Sky Suites on the Sky deck are much larger than the balconies on the Penthouse deck.

To summarize...

If you want a larger room, with bathtub and Butler, go for Sky Suite. Best location is on the Sky Deck, check your balcony (as some are reduced size)

If you want the perks that come with a suite, without the Butler, or bathtub, and a you don't need the square feet a suite offers..then save some money and go for cabin 1200, 1201, 1240 or 1241(the last 2 having slightly smaller balconies, but still much larger than those on the Penthouse deck).

Have a great cruise. By the way what cruise are you going on?

Thank you!

You have answered my questions.....I am now a happy camper. I was previously under the assumption that we had the butler benefits but began to wonder as I was reading through posts on the boards. Thanks to you I understand now.

I do know 1232 has the smaller-sized balcony, the *cut-out* version. It will still be larger than the standard balcony stateroom though. There are three of us (DH, DD and me) so the extra room in the cabin and on the balcony will be helpful.

We are doing the 12/9 Auckland to Sydney voyage....Mercury's first for that destination. (I was born and raised in Sydney and will be arriving there just in time to spend Christmas with my family.)

Thanks again.

Archived