A question... re: a Diamond AD guarantee to D417 near the elevator bank

Sandy R

Okay... just want everyone to know I'm not complaining. We booked an AD guarantee 2 days ago and tonight I checked the Personalizer and we have AA category cabin D417... pretty good, huh! I looked on the deck plan and the cabin is near the elevator bank. It seems to me the elevators are in a somewhat enclosed area. We've never booked a cabin near elevators, actually, this will be the first time we booked a guarantee. Has anyone stayed in a cabin on the Diamond that was near the elevators? If so, did you hear any noise? Our TA (Kim) told me to e-mail her if we were assigned a cabin we were unhappy with, and she would take care of it. Kim's on a mini vacation and I would rather not bother her if elevator noise isn't a problem for nearby cabins. Thanks for any input.

Sandy

Hi. We must be using the same T.A.!! (K) I also received my cabin

assignment for Diamond last week; booked AC and got AA (cabin D-420)

We too were concerned, but my mom e-mailed me a thread from this

board pertaining to your question and apparently there's no noise because

Princess insulates their cabins pretty good.

Being near an elevator bank usually is not a problem, reference noise, although of course sometimes there are boisterous passengers who could be quieter.

On only one occasion did we regret being close to the elevator banks: on Golden's trans-Atlantic Sep 02, during two rough Atlantic storms, we could hear the elevator cars banging about in the shafts as the ship was fighting heavy seas; the ship was really creaking and groaning. (I don't think Grand class ships take to heavy seas nearly as well as either Royal Princess or Regal Princess.)

Archived