Round Beds on Century

Pastordonna

Has anyone slept on the round beds yet? If so how much height do the beds allow? My daughter is thinking about changing our cabins based on her husbands height and comfort.

Hi Pastordonna !

I am not sure what you are referring to, as there are no round beds that I am aware of. What you might be thinking of, is that Century's new bedding is a bit rounded at the corners of the bed. From what I have heard, that is what most (if not all) cabins have on Century now.

For most passengers, it shouldnt be an issue. However, if you are extremly tall (I would say well over 6 feet) it could be a slight inconvenience.

We found the new bedding to be wonderful.

My experience was a bit different. I was in cabin 1242 last month, and had the "rounded" bed - the bottom end of the bed was rounded - and we assumed that it was that way because of the shape/size of the cabin. It might have been more comfortable if the bed was made as a queen size... however, I was traveling with Dad and DS, so the beds were apart. I'm 6' tall, and I found it very hard to get comfortable at night. The short side was a good foot shorter than the long side - and the long side was barely long enough for me. After the first couple of nights I got used to it, but I didn't sleep very well at all the first two nights. My dad slept on the sofa bed, and we decided it was the best bed in the room. It was amazingly comfortable - you didn't feel a steel bar across your back, like on most sofa beds, and it was much wider than the twin beds. It was also a little short (Dad is 6'3"), but it was wide enough that he could sleep diagonally.

My other sister had a regular inside cabin, and said that the bed there was a normal "square" bed - it did not have the rounded ends.

Regardless of the shape, I would agree that the upgraded bedding/mattresses were wonderful.

I would also say that this was the only real negative of my cruise - we all just loved the new Century - so much that I'm going back in three weeks!!

Thanks to all for your replies.

I am 5'6 and DH is 6'3. I think we will just stay put in those cabins. We can always open up the sofa bed as Luvin' Cruisin' suggested or switch with our boys across the hall.

To switch categories of cabins at this point would cost a fortune.

Anyone know anything about CC cabins 1132 and 1137. These are way back towards aft and under the Sunset Bar. Is there a lot of noise from above during the nightand into early morning?

Hi Nancynurse -

My cabin was 1242 - one of the new Sunset Verandah cabins overlooking the Sunset Bar. We were never disturbed by noise at night - we could rarely hear anything at all from "down there." However, on two mornings, we were awakened by the cleaning crew moving the chairs and tables around. I don't know how loud it would be from below, but it did give us an early wake-up call on two mornings. That still wouldn't be enough to keep me from getting the same cabin again - but I'm a morning person...

Hi Nancynurse -

My cabin was 1242 - one of the new Sunset Verandah cabins overlooking the Sunset Bar. We were never disturbed by noise at night - we could rarely hear anything at all from "down there." However, on two mornings, we were awakened by the cleaning crew moving the chairs and tables around. I don't know how loud it would be from below, but it did give us an early wake-up call on two mornings. That still wouldn't be enough to keep me from getting the same cabin again - but I'm a morning person...

Archived