Hobby @ 12:30p

cruisinlawn

looking at flight that arrives Hobby 12:30p, same day as the Grand departs at 5p.

Is this enough time to make the transfer? Can't leave the day before and this is the earliest flight for this airline.

As far as transfer, we want something quick, easy and hassle free. I would even consider using the Princess transfer, I don't mind paying a little extra to make it simple.

know nothing about Galveston, have always went out of Florida, San Juan or New York. Thanks in advance for any response.

The Grand sails at 4:00pm on Saturdays. If your flight arrives at 12:30 and you have all your transfers in place, I would say yes you will have enough time.

Hobby is on the south side of Houston, approxmately 45-60 min. from Galveston depending on traffic, and since you are arriving after 12:00 I would allow 1 hr. for travel time to Galveston.

To be safe, it might be wise to book the Princess transfers just in case there is a problem, this way the ship will wait.

I45S has one stretch between Beltway 8 and FM 2351 that backs up traffic no matter what, its due to 6 lanes of traffic funneling down to three. It usually takes 10-15 min. to move through. Once you get past it it is clear sailing to Galveston.

Have a great cruise.

Archived