Urgent! Wedding pictures on camera lost in Barbados- need phone # for restaurant!

the_dylaness

My mother is currently aboard the HAL Noordam... when the ship docked in St. Thomas, she was married there. Next they proceeded to Barbados where her new husband accidentally left the camera, with all of their wedding pictures on it, in a beachfront restaurant. This restaurant:

-Is called the Lighthouse (but is NOT the one at the Hilton)

-Just opened 10 days ago

-Is partially owned by a "very nice Russian woman" (per my mother) whose name she cannot recall

Does anyone know how I can find this restaurant and contact them to send the camera (of course I will pay shipping) back to the states? All of her wedding photos are on it and she is absolutely devastated... I have called the tourism authority but no one knows the number since it is brand new and is not yet listed.

Thanks!

Ok.. just called 411.. and no listing for anything other than the lighthouse at the hilton.

Can they give me any idea where it might be.. southcoast, west coast.. far from the port, close to the port.. etc etc.. Decorations?? anything that could help.

I do agree with posting something in the press, but not sure it will help..

I'll keep searching.

Ok.. just called 411.. and no listing for anything other than the lighthouse at the hilton.

Can they give me any idea where it might be.. southcoast, west coast.. far from the port, close to the port.. etc etc.. Decorations?? anything that could help.

I do agree with posting something in the press, but not sure it will help..

I'll keep searching.

cusyl- Thanks for the newspaper address! I am going to contact them and see if they have any suggestions.

Sunniebgi- I am not sure whereabouts on Barbados the restaurant is located... my mother was calling from San Juan, PR when I talked to her and I guess her calling card was getting close to empty so we only spoke for 4 or 5 minutes. If I hear from here again soon I will ask her and post her replies... she did say the bloody marys were good, but I doubt that will help us locate the restaurant! :eek:

dw3333- WOW! Thanks! I am going to give them a call and see... wish me luck with the newspaper and this #, everyone!

Thank goodness for cc....

I'm afraid the light house restaurant listed below may not be the one they visited. It's at the entrace of the old Sam Lords Castle Hotel, and not sure it's even open anymore.. and it's certainly not on the beach.. close by, but not on the beach.

let me know what you find out from the folks.. and I'll keep searching.

I'm afraid the light house restaurant listed below may not be the one they visited. It's at the entrace of the old Sam Lords Castle Hotel, and not sure it's even open anymore.. and it's certainly not on the beach.. close by, but not on the beach.

let me know what you find out from the folks.. and I'll keep searching.

Talked to EVERYONE in Barbados at this point, even calling places located near the old Lighthouse restaurant, the port authority, tourism agencies, newspaper, directory assistance, etc.

No good news to report yet, but I have found out some more information from my mom.

Apparently, in her state of excitement (fury?) over having lost the camera, she mangled the restaurant's name- it is actually LimeLight. I am going to search for this now... please wish me luck. Apparently it is not only her camera with wedding pics (an old camera, thank goodness) but also their BRAND NEW videocamera with the video on it.

Thanks to all for your help!

Sydney

whoops.. thought I had responded.

We called the restaurant. Unfortunately they didn't have either camera. The dylanneses called and spoke to the russian waitress and also no luck.

I've suggested they put an advert in the paper about the loss of the camera and an over if the person who might have it just returns the wedding photo's they can keep the camera. (It would require someone actually having the film developed which is not a cheap thing in Barbados so who knows if that will happen).

anyway.. we wait and see..

Hey, I didn't forget about this thread...

With lots of help from Sunniebgi, my mom did contact the restaurant and it was the right one this time. As Sunniebgi said, they unfortunately did not have the camera. My mom placed ads in two Barbados newspapers asking for return of the film/disc and offering a $50 USD reward- no questions asked, and you can keep the camera. Her offer still stands. I actually found out that the bag contained not only their regular camera (it's digital, so they wouldn't have to develop it to see that the pictures are of someone's wedding, just turn it on) but also their brand new Sony camcorder, with a video recording of the wedding as well.

We are all very sad about this incident, as although the cameras can be replaced, my mother has ABSOLUTELY no pictures to remember her wedding day by, and I will never get to see what sounds like a beautiful ceremony. So, if by some freak accident the person with this camera (or someone who knows who has it) ever sees this thread, please respond to the email address I indicated above (antiguabride at hotmail); upon receipt of the film and disc we will mail the reward, and let you keep all the equipment (tripod, etc was also in the bag.)

Sydney

Archived