Chances of getting off waitlist for cabin for 3

ginza

Hi -- This will be my second cruise...booked just last week for Diamond Princess on April 7 out of LA to Mexico. Only cabins for two were available(there are five in my family that would like to go)...I booked two BC on Baja deck (cabins with balcony)....we are on the waitlist to get have one room be able to hold three people....has anyone out there had luck with this? Final payment is due for this cruise next Monday, should I just wait until I am contacted or would it help to give them a call after final payment?

Thanks,

Ginny

Keep checking yourself for the next few days, don't wait for them to call. Someone may cancel a little before final payment. Check the Princess website several times a day to see if any triples open up.

I just checked and found one triple balcony open on A425..not the same deck as you and one grade higher (BB, only $25 more pp), but it would allow you to take the five people. It will be very difficult to get two staterooms close together; do you have to be on the same deck?

It is likely that rooms will open up after final payment, but that puts you in a bit of a bind, as you won't know whether to make payment until someone else cancels...

Archived