What is EXIT BAY?

dancingfish

Ahh with the right name I was able to google everything I needed...

Park ranger Guided walks at 10 and 2,

Exit Glacier Guide Shuttle every half hour $9.00

thanks for helping get me in the right direction.... now to figure out if I can do my dogsled tour, visit the sea life center and get to Exit Glacier all before my train leaves!!!

At least I have options now!

You can easily do them all before the train. You need to decide what order. The only thing you need to work around is Ididaride reservation. Here's an example....

Get a taxi at the ship terminal, drop off luggage at train depot, head out to Exit Glacier (14 miles from town) with a set pick-up time, usually around 2 hours, or 20 mins before dog reservation. Get dropped at Ididaride (5 miles from town). Dogs will take about 2 hours also. Have taxi return to bring to Sealife center/downtown/lunch or take Ididaride shuttle back.(shuttle = time wasted waiting on others) Taxi at 5:30 to bring to train depot.

You could also do The Sealife Center 1st, dogs and Exit glacier last getting dropped off at the depot. Sealife Center, glacier, dogs on return from glacier.

Exit Glacier is very nice with the main trails paved, mostly flat, and wheelchair accessible. Over look loop trail brings you 500' up along side of the glacier. There are benches and signs with info as well as year markers that say what year the glacier's face was there. They also have a vistor center and a message board listing recent moose/bear sightings.

Archived