Bringing Champagne on board

KBeezy

Hi, I will be sailing the Crown Princess May 30th to the Eastern Caribbean. I will be 21 traveling with a 20 year old and was wondering if it's a problem at all bringing my lovely bottle of Dom Perignon with me as carry-on? I know Princess allows people to bring wine or champagne on board but do you have to check it?

Not sure if you are flying to the point of embarkation but as of right now, the liquid rules in carry-ons apply to booze too. I just lost a bottle of wine last Saturday on my way down to Ft Lauderdale for our cruise. Had my toiletries in check but didn't give the wine one thought and TSA confiscated it. My bottle was about $20 so I'm over it but I would hate to think about you losing a bottle of Dom! If you're driving to the port then I would just carry it onto the ship. Those luggage handlers aren't the daintiest! ;) HTH!

Hi, I will be sailing the Crown Princess May 30th to the Eastern Caribbean. I will be 21 traveling with a 20 year old and was wondering if it's a problem at all bringing my lovely bottle of Dom Perignon with me as carry-on? I know Princess allows people to bring wine or champagne on board but do you have to check it?

http://www.princess.com/faq/onboard_experience.html

Question: What is the alcohol policy onboard Princess Cruises?

Answer: We kindly request that you do not bring alcoholic beverages (other than wine and/or champagne) onboard for consumption. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop or at ports of call will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the voyage. A member of our Security Staff will be at the gangway to assist with the storage of your alcoholic beverage purchases.

I cannot find the actual quote but lately there is talk of only one bottle per person over 21. From what I have read, this is not being strictly enforced. Good luck!

I took several bottles of champagne on my last cruise and nothing was said yay or nay. I'd just cart it on in a tote and say nothing -- especially about your travelmate being 20. Once on board, I called room service and had a champagne bucket and glasses delivered to the room. Have a good time! :D

We had the most wonderful Christmas gift awaiting us when we returned from our cruise last month. It was a "Veuve Clicquot Traveler." It's like a little mini-suitcase (hardsided), fitted to hold a bottle of champagne and two flutes.

With the current restrictions, we were hesitant to pack champagne in our checked luggage, for fear it would break. Now we'll just put it in the Traveler, put the traveler in our checked luggage, and know it will arrive safe and sound.

It was from wine.com and we're looking forward to its functionality as we fly to and from our destinations.

Happy sailing, Carla

Archived