A Hacienda Experience or the Rain Forest Canopy Aerial Tramway

cruzdoggie

Going on a 10 night Panama cruise out of Miami next month - in Panama we're doing the Chargres River Adventure and Eco Walk so we are not sure if we want to do the A Hacienda Experience or the Rain Forest Canopy Aerial Tramway in Costa Rica. Can I please have some suggestions/recommendations?? And your reviews/descriptions on them?

• 1 month later...

Cruzdoggie, I assume that you are going to be on RCCL since I have a RCCL tshirt (very old) that has a dog..cruzedoggie....

My DH and I took the Hacienda Exp. and I cannot say enough about it.

We are young Sr.'s and we loved it. The place is spotless, the orchids are breathtaking, the lunch awesome and the view...well, what can I say?

We often talk about it and would love to go back.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I have been off the Boards for awhile - first grandchild :)

Our tour was through RCCL when we did the 10N Panama Cruise. The guide was a "local"...he was awesome. Nothing like having a natural born citizen show the tourists the area AND he was very knowledgeable. He did 6 mos leading tours and 6 mos on a cruise ship. I wish I had remembered to ask him which ship because he was so great.

I have also read all the recent reports about safety in Limon; however, it was interesting to learn that ALL children receive a free college education...hum!

The experience we had was #1 of our 4 cruises, except for the canal crossing.

Luvronijean - Hope this helps!

A Hacienda Experience

The Hacienda is located in the hills of Turrialbawhere where you will have the chance to learn about cultivation and processing of sugarcane. Next, learn about the cultivation of coffee from beginning to end, followed by a coffee tasting session. After lunch, visit the chapel brought by German pilgrims in 1880 and the old home style of Costa Rica’s yesteryears.

Ready to reserve this excursion?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This unique family owned centennial Hacienda belongs to the Ortuño Family, whose wealth comes from ancestral agricultural activities mainly sugarcane and coffee, and lately with macadamia. The Hacienda is located in the hills of Turrialba, a region blessed with exuberant tropical forests in harmony with sugar cane and coffee plantations, macadamia trees and tropical flowers.Upon arrival at the Hacienda Homes you will have the opportunity to go back to those days of yore, learning about the ancient methods of cultivation and process of the sugarcane, where you can see how the extract of the sugar cane is cooked, filled into the molds and converted into a delicious sweet with macadamia nuts. Next, an introduction to the cultivation of coffee which will show you the process from the red coffee berry, the pealed coffee bean covered with the inside parchment to the roasted coffee been, followed by a coffee tasting session.

The Hacienda's location in the mountains of Turrialba displays a not-to-be-missed wonderful view of the valley, the magnificent Reventazon River and its impressive dam, and the endless majestic fields dotting the landscape. Lunch will be served in a covered hall surrounded by exotic gardens and the host flowers where the colorful hummingbirds get their food just next to your luncheon area. After lunch visit the picturesque colonial metallic and wood chapel brought by German pilgrims in 1880, and the old home style of Costa Rica’s yesteryears.

A shop with products of the Hacienda, such as coffee, macadamia in different presentations and flavors, organic sugarcane products, including cooking recipes, plus other souvenirs of the area will be available at factory prices.

Archived