rccl pricing

It has been said that online companies (cruise.com - cruisequick etc) will match each others prices.

But, does anyone know if RCCL will match their prices as well. I would like to book directly with RCCL (if they do match) so I can get extra points on the RCL Credit Card.

I checked with cruise.com and they only run the deposit thru RCCL and the final payment is made to cruise.com directly

RCCL sets the price and agencies rebate part of their commission back as a discount. If you book direct with RCCL, you pay their rate, no discount. Also keep in mind that very often, agencies will receive a lower rate from the cruise line than the line offers to the general public, making it even more of a reason to use an agency. Never, IMO, use an agency that you pay any money to directly. Make sure the cruise line charges your credit card for both the deposit and final payment. There are many good discount agencies out there that handle it that way. The larger ones usually don't.

This is a potentially critical piece of advice, IMHO, that hadn't even occured to me until you posted it! The charge on your credit card for the cruise fare should always be from the cruise line, not the travel agency. Is that the case?

When an agency charges you directly, they in turn have to pay the cruise line either thru an account or individual payment. They get their commission right away then as they pay what's due minus commission. Many smaller good cruise discounters don't want to be bothered with that expense (credit card charges, added labor, etc.) and wait for the commission to be sent by the cruise line. For us, the passengers, if the cruise line charges our credit cards for the deposit, they credit our credit cards if a cancellation occurs before final payment. If the agency charges they can easily charge a cancellation fee by crediting a lesser amount back if we cancel. Of course, the agency might just try to charge our card a fee, but if we didn't know about it and agree to it before booking, we can challenge the charge with our cc company. As far as final payment is concerned, that's usually the much larger amount and I'd hate to think we paid it and an agency didn't and skip or go bankrupt. Just my way of doing it. Not saying not to if you're comfortable with the company and know their rules.

In the case of crusiequick, the charge on your CC is from RCI, both for deposit and final payment.
To the OP RCI won´t match the price from TA´s. They are the ones that make the price and they don´t have any reason to get into a price fight with any of their TA´s.

Make sure the charges are made directly thru the cruiseline!!!
If a travel agency charges your card there is NO way to know that RCL or whatever cruiseline received it. They could charge you and you'd be out of money and a cruise if they go bankrupt and/or out of business.

I saw that happen here in town as a matter of fact. A travel agency was using their own booking system and making people believe that the cruise was booked and then they left town and all those people were out thousands of dollars.

I know when I book thru bestpricecruises.com it takes about a week or so to get the actual confirmation because they send the booking to RCL and then RCL charges my credit card.

Archived