Xpedition + Machu Picchu Add on

AGG3

We are booked on the Xpedition for June 2007 with the Machu Picchu add on. I have not read any reviews or comments about this add on extension. I was wondering if any Xpedition cruisers have also done the Machu Picchu extension with Celebrity? Has anybody had any feedback on the MP part? I am confident that Galapagos will be fabulous and I am hoping MP will also live up to the Celebrity standard. I know that it will probably be a very exhausting trip, but we are up to the task. :)

I know people who did the MP trip on their own after the Galapagos and loved it and others who were completely exhausted. I suspect a lot has to do with how well you handle high altitude especially after a very busy week. I'd plan to do lower intensity excursions the last two days, drink lots of water (every day) and be prepared for the altitude based on what you experience in the area around Quito (assuming that you are going there first). Both trips are amazing...but we only did the G.

You should read the posts on Just got back from the Xpedition. We actually are doing the MP part first as recommended on these boards (but not with Celebrity since they do it at the end). It was good advice in that I think it will likely be more strenuous on the climbs, etc. at MP and also dealing with the high altitude. We also should be more than acclimated by the time we go to Quito. The trip is roughly 7 days from US to Peru and then to Quito. Also on these boards we were able to find some good and reputable outfits to do it (and a good airfare to boot)--$459 from the US to Lima/Cusco/Lima/Quito/US. I am hoping we will be flying inside the plane and not on the wing outside!

Archived