Bar Set Up Cost.

rajntra

Okay, I've ordered my bar for the room from Carnival. If anyone is interested here is some of the stuff that is available and what I paid them..

1L Cuervo 1800 $55.00

1L Crown Roayal $45.00

1L Capt. Morgan $38.00

1L Jack Daniels $38.00

Bringing my own fixins. Not that bad imo, more room in my luggage, there waiting for me when I walk in. Whatever is left I leave it as a tip to the steward.:)

excellent Post. Now all can get a realistic estimate of what it wld cost to just have it waiting for them as opposed to trying to snaeak it on, running the risk of it being confiscated, or worse, breaking in their luggage.

Great idea to post this info. i just may have to order some beers on ice (is that possible, do you know?) thanks again.

I think, and correct me if I am wrong!!! You can order a bucket(hat) of beer from the same place to get gifts to order for your room. I can't remember what it is called, or where exactly it is but you can order it online.

Absolutely, you can order liquor form Carnival's Bon Voyage department... but you have to do this over the phone. It's not available via the website.

1 liter bottles average about $45 - $60. They may not be able to provide the "set-up" portion... just the spirits. But you can bring the "set-up" stuff on board yourself (eg., tonic, lemons/limes, mixer, sweet&sour).

Call 800-522-7648 to place an order over the phone.

I believe their hours are 8:30 to 5:30 EST.

As far as the beer I was talking about... for 4 bud's, baseball cap, cooler, and beer mug it is 27.50 and for 4 Corona's, bucket hat, cooler and beer mug it is 29.50. You order it in the Gifts and Services under specialty items. I hope this helps you!

Okay, I've ordered my bar for the room from Carnival. If anyone is interested here is some of the stuff that is available and what I paid them..

1L Cuervo 1800 $55.00

1L Crown Roayal $45.00

1L Capt. Morgan $38.00

1L Jack Daniels $38.00

Bringing my own fixins. Not that bad imo, more room in my luggage, there waiting for me when I walk in. Whatever is left I leave it as a tip to the steward.:)

That's not bad at all. Especially considering they are 1L's and not 750's. That's 135 1oz shots for $176 with no hassle.

That's not bad at all. Especially considering they are 1L's and not 750's. That's 135 1oz shots for $176 with no hassle.

Yeah, I didn't think it was to bad either. But I don't know after 135 shots there may be some "hassle". :eek: :D

1L Cuervo 1800 $55.00

1L Crown Roayal $45.00

1L Capt. Morgan $38.00

1L Jack Daniels $38.00

NICE! What kind of fixings are you bringing?

1L Cuervo 1800 $55.00

1L Crown Roayal $45.00

1L Capt. Morgan $38.00

1L Jack Daniels $38.00

excellent Post, you convinced me. I have always been a booze packer. But at these prices it is not too bad to have it waiting for you in the room. I just called Carnival and ordered a bottle of Absolute 1L $40 and a 1L capt morgan $38. I will still bring 4 bottles of champagne, redbull and some mixers, but can carry that on and not have to pack with my clothes.

I guess I am growing up at 48. lol

they list the wines on the web site under gifts but you have to call the bon voyage dept. 800-522-7648 and ask about booze and what is available.

You are allowed to carry your own wine and champange aboard for personal use in the room.

61 days and waiting for us

We had the bar service on one cruise but it was not in our cabin when we arrived. I asked the concierge (this was on Norwegian) and he said because of Texas law, they could not bring it to the cabin until we were out of Texas waters. So, we got the bar service early the next day. Not sure if it is true or not, but to all you Texas cruisers, don't get alarmed if it is not in your cabin upon arrival. Others may have had a different experience.

Archived