Tell me about the Sensation

ddunn

Hello everyone!

I am going on the Sensation January 21st.

We have a Category 11 room, V15.

I am looking at pics etc, and see it is way up high on the verandah deck.

Can someone that has been on the sensation, on this deck tell me a little about it?

Is it quiet up there? Are the balconies private? Am i making a mistake by being up that high?

This is my 4th cruise, but i have never been up that high before.

I am sure I will have a blast, but i just want to know what to expect.

Thanks!!!!!!

Denise

My Dh and I were on the Senastion last Sept. We were also in cabin V15. I really like the verandah deck. There are very few cabins there.

Nice and quiet. No bad movement,just enough to make you fall asleep.

The ship,for being older is really quite nie. Just be ready for lost of purple.

But have a wonderful cruise

Oliveoyle

My Dh and I were on the Senastion last Sept. We were also in cabin V15. I really like the verandah deck. There are very few cabins there.

Nice and quiet. No bad movement,just enough to make you fall asleep.

The ship,for being older is really quite nie. Just be ready for lost of purple.

But have a wonderful cruise

Oliveoyle

Oliveoyle...

Thanks so much for answering my post!!!!!!

Please,share with me...how close is it to the elevators,,,,the lido deck etc?

did u get any noise from the lido deck?

I am looking forward to it.

I was on the fantasy a couple years ago, but we were on the upper deck in a penthouse suite.

I think this ship is alot like the fantasy?

Thanks for answering my questions!!!!!!!

We were on the glory last november, you will have a blast on that ship!

It has been my favorite so far, as far as itinery......we did the eastern.]

any hints u can give to me about sensation, please do!!!!!!!!!!

Denise

You will be very close to the elavators. There are very few cabins up there.

We heard very little noise from the Lido Deck. If you stay on the verandah deck and go to the back of the ship there is a pool and hot tub there,along with a small basket ball area. That is where we spent our sea day, Nice and quiet,not so many people there.

You are just 1 deck from the buffet,my husbands favortite place.

Now tell me about the Glory. That will be our first on it. We are also doing the eastern.

Oliveoyle

Have a wonderful cruise

Hello - I have been on several cruises. Actually - 5 this year. (Elation, Sensation (2), Celebration, Glory) :) I had to reply to this post to add that I believe that the Sensation has the BEST "shows" of any of the cruises that I have been on.

Enjoy your cruise!!! And don't miss the shows.....

Richard's Mom

We have a Category 11 room, V15. . . I am looking at pics etc, and see it is way up high on the Verandah deck. . . Is it quiet up there? Are the balconies private? Am i making a mistake by being up that high? ~Denise

Denise: If the seas are normal, you'll absolutely love being on V deck. You are so close to the pool (and its related activities), and close to an elevator with quick access to the main points of Atlantic & Promenade (unless you dine in Aft dining room, which means you've got to do some weird maneuvering). You've got a door at your forward hallway which leads you out to a great observation area, but hold onto your hat when you open that door! You'll enjoy your balcony, but it's NOT really private, though it is much more so than those forward of yours. You'll look down onto the Lido walkway below you. I shared in a recent review, that a nice lady threw open the curtains to her V deck balcony room (V3) to catch a glimpse of our sailaway. Bless her heart, she was naked naked naked, and those of us on the observation area just a few yards away got quite a view.:eek: So be careful with your embarkation exuberance.

If, however, your voyage happens upon some really rough waters, you'll want to spend quite a bit of time out of your cabin on a lower level. Laws of Physics dictate that the upper decks will rock a greater amount than those below them. That was the sitaution with my last sailing, but it absolutely didn't turn me off of the Fantasy Class vessels (I'm doing two more this year), but I personally decided not to repeat the Verandah experience. I'll be missing out on some great views, though. Here's hoping you have a SUPER upcoming vacation - Bon Voyage!!

thanks for all your replies!

Oliveoyle...I will send u some pics of the glory when i get home...I am at work...........fun fun....

I had a blast on the glory.....and loved the itinery.

WE did the tour with Sonny Liston at st thomas, found it on the internet.

He was fabulous, and well worth the money. I think it was 25 a piece.

I am looking forward to the verandah, on the sensation, and will try to remember not to open the curtains naked...LOL...that poor lady, that was funny, don.

Thanks again for all your help, if you all think of anything else, let me know.

Denise

Archived