Leaving from Galveston

rkb

.....won't do it again.:eek: If you're looking for a loud, crowded, hurried, blinding neon vacation with a cheesy (but nice) cruise director, load up. DH and I usually go for the relaxing sort of vacation, and this was certainly not in that category.

Just got off the Ecstasy yesterday am at Galveston...our first ever cruise...and don't know jack about cruising. But if this is what it's all about, call me "cruise-proof". :( If it hadn't been for "Arlaine", a massage therapist in the spa (3 visits), I'd have taken the first Mexican cab home. But that's just my inexperienced .02:)

.....won't do it again.:eek: If you're looking for a loud, crowded, hurried, blinding neon vacation with a cheesy (but nice) cruise director, load up. DH and I usually go for the relaxing sort of vacation, and this was certainly not in that category.

Just got off the Ecstasy yesterday am at Galveston...our first ever cruise...and don't know jack about cruising. But if this is what it's all about, call me "cruise-proof". :( If it hadn't been for "Arlaine", a massage therapist in the spa (3 visits), I'd have taken the first Mexican cab home. But that's just my inexperienced .02:)

it unfortunately sounds like cruising may not be your thing..just the fact that you went to the spa three times (i like a spa as much as anyone, but three times on how long of a cruise!..just seems a little overboard [couldn't resist the pun] to me.) as far as cruise directors go, i don't know what to tell you...they are who they are and they're paid to be somewhat eccentric. hope you'll give it another shot...may want to try something like an alaskan cruise if the wild gulf of mexico cruise wasn't your cup of tea!

Archived