Triumph---funnel deck question

snowbound

I was told that the funnel deck (f deck?) was the best place to watch the ship leave the port. I have my daughter, and was told that there is a sign saying for adults only. Is that sign there permantly or is sail away day an exception. Would anyone know if its open on departure day for families.

I was told that the funnel deck (f deck?) was the best place to watch the ship leave the port. I have my daughter, and was told that there is a sign saying for adults only. Is that sign there permantly or is sail away day an exception. Would anyone know if its open on departure day for families.

On these style ships I think Deck #10 would be the best deck to watch the ship disembark. But decks 11 and 12 are also nice but are not along the edge.

The funnel deck is an optional topless deck. Normally you find topless sun bathers on sea days during the heat of the day (11-4ish), and not during embarking. So with that said feel free to explore and go up to the F deck when pulling in or out of port. The sign is affixed and always there, but is for sunbathing times and not ALL the time.

Camera's not allowed? Here are some of my 'riskay' picts from Victory F deck (similar to Triumph).

2688754290087096699keYSKN_th.jpg

fdeck.JPG.56288aa9e0bf9f0c7c5fc5b3c6c33243.JPG

The funnel (or F-) deck is a top optional, adults only deck. While I would guess that most of the time during departure there won't be anyone up there topless that doesn't mean always. I know on our last cruise there were a few people topless up there from about 2:30 on, and several topless pictures were taken with the Funnel Character when he came around. So you may want to go up there and look around before bringing your DD up there, granted, it's nothing she hasn't seen...

We always board as soon as possible and use the funnel deck as intended on day of departure, and usually others join in - so don't be surprised to see exposed breasts up there at any time.

We always board as soon as possible and use the funnel deck as intended on day of departure, and usually others join in - so don't be surprised to see exposed breasts up there at any time.

Glad to know we aren't the only ones :D

The funnel (or F-) deck is a top optional, adults only deck. While I would guess that most of the time during departure there won't be anyone up there topless that doesn't mean always. I know on our last cruise there were a few people topless up there from about 2:30 on, and several topless pictures were taken with the Funnel Character when he came around. So you may want to go up there and look around before bringing your DD up there, granted, it's nothing she hasn't seen...

That is where we wound up for the sail away! It is out of the way, and folks tend to forget it was even there!! A couple of parentless kids came up the steps, but the adults up there made them leave. Now if they came up with parents, That was different!

Archived