Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

I love looking to see where everyone is from. I have already visited many of the places where posters are from, or currently living. It does seem that most everyone is close to one of the coasts.

When I retired, it took a year for us to decided that we needed to travel full time, sooooooooooo, we will probably get to the other places before long.

Happy sailing!:D

Winnie

I feel like a broken record at this point.... Canada is being stricter about letting in U.S. citizens who have criminal records--they can connect with the U.S. Homeland Security databases now apparently and stuff is showing up that many people thought was long forgotten. Be prepared...

Kristen

Thanks sunnyshine for getting the group cruise idea/time frame started!! And to funlady and Blondyx!! YAY!!

My girlfriend (Northern BQ) and I could very well possibly do summer 08 with you all. I think it's a great idea and we've talked it over. Can I possibly throw in another choice / itinerary? We've been wanting to do a Mexican Riviera cruise. Perhaps to Cabo San Lucas, Alcapulco, Puerto Vallarta.

Thanks sunnyshine for getting the group cruise idea/time frame started!! And to funlady and Blondyx!! YAY!!

My girlfriend (Northern BQ) and I could very well possibly do summer 08 with you all. I think it's a great idea and we've talked it over. Can I possibly throw in another choice / itinerary? We've been wanting to do a Mexican Riviera cruise. Perhaps to Cabo San Lucas, Alcapulco, Puerto Vallarta.

YEAH!! What she said :D

We've done the Western Caribbean itinerary several times. Although Cozumel, Grand Cayman are beautiful, it would be nice to do a Mex Riv itinerary. But if the majority of this great group of ladies decides to cruise the Western, we'll go.

And regarding the Western Itinerary............... Jamaica is SO NOT GAY FRIENDLY!! If I ever sail to Jamaica again, I will not get off the ship. I would choose to make it an additional "at sea" day!! LOL Or maybe a spa day!

We will be doing Cabo San Lucas and Pv on our cruise this month they both sound great and we can certainly report back.

Altho I'm sure a lot of you experienced cruisers have done this itinerary.

Would love to do Acapulco ... (just keep remembering those Elvis movies)

:)

My wife says she'll go anywhere.

The Mexican Riviera sound great. We have talked about that part of the world as well.

I figure with a group this large we will all have to compromise to pull this off and like I said before that would be fine inorder to do a cruise. Happy weekend everyone.

And regarding the Western Itinerary............... Jamaica is SO NOT GAY FRIENDLY!! If I ever sail to Jamaica again, I will not get off the ship. I would choose to make it an additional "at sea" day!! LOL Or maybe a spa day!

Been to Jamaica and loved it. According to Amnesty Internation most of the Carribean Islands are not queer friendly. Neither are a lot of the states but I go there. My point is although the government is not queer friendly many poeple are. Like anywhere, and so you shouldn't not go there because some guy running the place says bad things aobut us. Just like anywhere, be safe.

cheers,

PA

Been to Jamaica and loved it. According to Amnesty Internation most of the Carribean Islands are not queer friendly. Neither are a lot of the states but I go there. My point is although the government is not queer friendly many poeple are. Like anywhere, and so you shouldn't not go there because some guy running the place says bad things aobut us. Just like anywhere, be safe.

cheers,

PA

Actually...I have to agree with Suthern RQ. Jamaica is not a safe place for gays and lesbians, period. It's not just a matter of not allowing same-sex partnerships, like many states in the U.S. - it's a matter of government-sanctioned physical attacks on gay people. It seems that men are more at risk than women, but I wouldn't be surprised if two women aroused suspicion too if they were even holding hands. The people of Jamaica are not queer-friendly. You can check out the following threads for more info.

Avoid Jamaica or hang on board

Another reason to avoid Jamaica

Avoiding Jamaica

Homophobic Ports of Call (W. Caribbean)

I am definitely up for Mexican Riveria only because I can drive to either San Diego or L.A. and not have to worry about air fare!

Keep the ideas for locations and time frames coming, I'm making a list!

I am definitely up for Mexican Riveria only because I can drive to either San Diego or L.A. and not have to worry about air fare!

Keep the ideas for locations and time frames coming, I'm making a list!

Thanks for keeping up with the list! I think no matter where we travel from some will have airfare and others not- and that's okay....

cheers,

PA

I agree with you PaddyA. We were in Jamaica and had a wonderful experience. We went with some people we met CC to a place called Mayfield Falls (supposed to be a Dunns Falls for the geriatric/kids-- how unture it was rough), then we all went to a beach and had wonderful food. We felt very safe the whole time. Am sure there are others with unpleasent experiences in several ports, but Jamaica was beautiful. Anyway- to each her own.

Mexican riv. sounds great! Although, LA's on the other side of the US for us so flights would probably be really expensive. But we could pull it off. We've always wanted to do those cruises but just didnt want to pay that much for flights. I deff think we could all pull together and do a summer 08 cruise! Hmm how old is everyone (not that it matters AT ALL). Just wondering if we would be the young ones of the group.

I'm 27 and she's 22

Actually...I have to agree with Suthern RQ. Jamaica is not a safe place for gays and lesbians, period. It's not just a matter of not allowing same-sex partnerships, like many states in the U.S. - it's a matter of government-sanctioned physical attacks on gay people. It seems that men are more at risk than women, but I wouldn't be surprised if two women aroused suspicion too if they were even holding hands. The people of Jamaica are not queer-friendly. You can check out the following threads for more info.

Avoid Jamaica or hang on board

Another reason to avoid Jamaica

Avoiding Jamaica

Homophobic Ports of Call (W. Caribbean)

Barbados it's illegal to be queer and imprisonable.

Belize same sex partnership illegal, imprisonable 10 years

St.kitts illegal and imprisonable for 10 years (only males mentioned)

St. Lucia Illegal and imprisonable 10 years (only males mentioned)

And although the states may grant same sex unions there are many places I wouldn't hold my partners hand.

Imagine those poeple in the above countries who are queer and nobody would visit them. How sad. Maybe I am bleesed to live in a country like Canada but I know even here there are crazy homophobes. It is my responsibility to future generations to be me. And if I go to another country and am fortunate enough to meet "family" we'll have some great converations and I will tell them I love there country, just not there government. I won't be closeted here or anywhere. Just safe.

My advice...Travel the world and meet the people. No offence to anyone but if I had never been to the US and met the absolutely wonderful people I met there I would never go just listening to the government and thinking everyone was like that.

Ok so back to cruising. Only 279 days left! woohoo!

cheers,

PA

We're up for:

Canada/New England

Alaska

Mexican Riveria

We'll most likely do a winter cruise, but I think we could make any of these summer trips as well in 2008.

We've done Alaska and Mexico before, but would do either again, especially with other Les Couples. Since we're closest to the West Coast, that's easier for us, but we've both talked about the Canada/New England trip and would be open to flying over for that as well.

Sunnyshine...we're both a bit older than you (54 and 55), but we love having friends of all ages (helps keep us young and in touch!) Hope we won't seem like "little old ladies" to you!

Lesleb...Welcome. Lebanon Wow! I'm sure many of us would like to learn more from you as well. Do you have any specific questions we can try to answer for you?

Is it hard to be "out" in your country?

Been to Jamaica and loved it. ...........Like anywhere, and so you shouldn't not go there because some guy running the place says bad things aobut us. Just like anywhere, be safe.

cheers,

PA

Yea, I've been to Jamaica twice. And the very reason I said I would stay on the ship if I sailed there again is for safety reasons. There are just so many other places in this world to see and do! And so little time.

Not all Western Caribbean itineraries include Jamaica though. So there are many options out there.:D

Mithryl, gosh no you arent little old ladies. Most of our friends are older anyways. We too love friends of all ages. A Canada trip sounds great! We're pretty much up for anything! Hope everyone's having a lovely day!

Love this great thread. A 2008 cruise with this group sounds like fun! We are both 45. Our vote is Mexican Riviera but then we will go on any cruise, out of anywhere... Leaving for Alaska in August, and have done the western carribean a couple of years ago. So, my experiences are limited at this point but very interested in expanding them.:)

Viva Diversity! Sounds like most are up for wherever we end up just for the opportunity- that's fun! Well, I will be the Queen Mum of the group at 61 and my partner is 54, but we think we are fun to hang out with. As others have said, we have friends of all ages. Hope some of the other who haven't posted in a while will jump into our survey of potential.

Hey Ladies,

I'm so looking forward to a group cruise with all of you. I'm 37 and Missy is 40. We live in Nothern Indiana. It's so nice to have such a great chat thread going. Also nice to meet new friends and cruise to new places!!!!!

shan9700:)

shan9700,

I was born in Indianapolis! I've lived in Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, California, Texas, Oregon and Idaho. Went to college in Arkansas.

I had a satellite office I was responsible for in Ft. Wayne when I worked for Verizon back in 2000. Where in Northern Indiana are you located?

mithryl,

I live in Michigan City which is 50 miles from Chicago and 30 miles from South Bend. I grew up in Virginia Beach Va and lived in Baltimore, NYC and Albany NY. In the airline business I have moved around a bit most on the east coast.

shan9700:)