Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Hi all:

I've been reading this thread for a couple of months now and didn't jump in because I haven't had anything of great value to add.

But...I've been thinking. Why re-create the wheel and try to get all these folks from all over the country (and beyond) to find one cruise to take at the same time?

My partner and I have taken two trips with Pied Piper and have very much enjoyed ourselves both times. They have already done the work. That is, they've picked a bunch of different cruises and gotten really excellent rates. You can't beat their prices.

This way, a group of couples might want to take a summer Carribean trip, others a Baltics cruise, others Alaska and so on. And this way everyone saves money.

Pied Piper's clientele is mostly men, but I was told that in either December or January they had a group of 200-300 women. It was a group traveling together.

You certainly don't have to do all of the group activities. People can come and go as they please.

I highly recommend taking a look at their link: http://home.att.net/~gaygroupcruises/ and comparing their prices to those on the cruise lines' websites.

Just something to think about. I think this thread is excellent by the way.

I am currently attempting to convince my wife that we should go on the Feb 2008 trip with Pied Piper, to the Caribbean! (But then, you already knew that, ChesaPBay!)

So I would definitely encourage the women on this thread to come along for that trip! ;)

ChesaPBay, the reason we were trying to organize our own is that the "family" cruises charge so much more because of the specialized entertainment and what not.

I believe hurricane season does start in the fall or at least August.

Those with kids, would it be better/easier to try and plan something for when the kids are out of school?

Shan and mith, I grew up in Illinios, right on the IL/WI border. Every summer I'd go to Michigan City to visit a friend who would did summer stock at a theatre there.

Hurricane season isn't until late summer early fall. I was thinking between April -July for a group thing. Just ideas...

The season is between June 1 and Dec 1.... :rolleyes: hmmmmmm :eek: !!

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

We have sailed between those dates with no problem... this past Sept our cruise skated past a record 3 hurricanes in the one sailing. We just missed one port and the seas were fine.

I guess my point is - as long as you have trip insurance you needn't really be worried about hurricanes.

JMHO

ChesaPBay, the reason we were trying to organize our own is that the "family" cruises charge so much more because of the specialized entertainment and what not.

I think you misunderstood...she was referring to Pied Piper, not one of the big ones. Pied Piper charges the EXACT same prices as other places...I was looking at one of their group trips and I compared the prices to another online TA and they were identical. Pied Piper mostly just organizes groups to all go together on a mainstream cruise, and they host a few social events, but that's it. It's nothing like RSVP, Olivia, R Family, or Atlantis. I think ChesaPBay had a good idea, we could all go with Pied Piper!

I don't have a preference on whether or not we cruise with Pied Piper.

However, after looking at their website, they are mainly geared toward gay men instead of lesbians.

So is this message board, but we've done just fine taking that over! ;)

This thread gets funnier all the time... Hello to everyone, and happy sailing! Kathy and I want to lay claim to the oldies but goodies title--62 and 57 (squeak). We only do left-coast trips--so far, though we are talking about investigating train-travel to Texas ports. We'd be interested in a Mexico (preferably winter) or Alaska (summer) trip, Pied Piper would be interesting.

We are going to reserve our choice until after we have taken our first cruise. I can't imagine that we won't like it, but...........the possibility is there. This cruise might move my current favorite mode of vacation transportation (trains) to second place. I think that when Connie and I were born, the travel gene was tripled!!

Even though we are on a full time vacation, we still take a vacation every year, where we leave the cats and motorhome behind. Last year we went to Cape Cod for a couple of days.

I thought it would be nice to organize everyone's information. It helps in getting to know each other. I have gone back several pages and this is what I have found. Please cut and paste and add to (or edit) this information as you see fit.

I thought it would be nice to have (at minimum) names, age, occupation and where you live.

Hope no one minds.

Annette

Texas_Divers: Annette 43 Phys. Ed. Teacher, Donna 38 Registered nurse live in Austin

funlady: 61, partner 54

shan9700: 37, Missy 40 live in Northern Indiana

KL&KR: 62 & 57, Kristen & Kathy

Sunnyshine: 27 & 22

mithryl: 54 & 55

cruisinJ&C: both 45

BlondyX: both 43

etoile: 26 & 38

I thought it would be nice to organize everyone's information. It helps in getting to know each other. I have gone back several pages and this is what I have found. Please cut and paste and add to (or edit) this information as you see fit.

I thought it would be nice to have (at minimum) names, age, occupation and where you live.

Hope no one minds.

Annette

Texas_Divers: Annette 43 Phys. Ed. Teacher, Donna 38 Registered nurse live in Austin

funlady: Carra 61 retired teacher,Vicki post office 54 live in San Antonio

BlondyX: both 43

Thanks for going to the trouble to do this-- I posted, but guess I forgot to type or something, since you all live in Austin and that's right down the road, email me if you want- okay I know it's a big deal to post the actual address(if you get caught) on these boards so here's mine in code.....

fun75643atyahoo.com think that will fly.

Thanks for starting this list. Great Idea!

BlondyX: Juli (paralegal) and Marianne(paramedic) both 43, Phoenix and Toronto

BlondyX: Juli (paralegal) and Marianne(paramedic) both 43, Phoenix and Toronto

Pussycat: Phyl & Julie 64 & 68 yrs young