zip line/cave tubing

guntheros

I am wondering how physically fit you need to do either of these. It will be me, who I'm not worried about and my mom going. She will be 50 and has had knee problems. She is also overweight. I know that each person is different, but do you think the hike for the cave tubing will be too much? Also, will the zip line be able to hold probably about 200 lbs or so? Any info on the zip line? Is it fun and worth it?

Nicole

Hi, I would fit into your mom's category. I weight about 225, 5'6 and am 50. I have done both the zip line and the cave tubing. Getting to the first zip line requires climbing rock steps in the side of the hill. I was very winded and had to stop for breath. However, not so much that I couldn't make the climb. The other hard part for me was jumping off the platform to repell down the final spot. The staff helped a lot and constantly asked on each line if I was ok.

Was it fun? Not for me, but I am a chicken! The rest of my group loved it.

The cave tubing hardest part for me was repelling down into the water, I hate water!!, and the river moved pretty fast.

I would have to say it depends on how fit and active your mom is. I'm in my 50's, have knee and hip problems, but try to stay very active. I've done both and had more problems with the cave tubing. Walking through the muddy path and watching several other people fall was the first time I had ever wondered if I was too old for something. A fall for me would be a disaster. There was a seventy year old in our group though. There are steps to navigate also.

It's a blast though, and I will do both again and again and again.

I've been on many excursions and I will say that if people are not active in regular life, they don't seem to enjoy the physical activities of adventure.

Archived