3rd & 4th Passengers No Bargain

Giorgi-one

Just checked a CAT I inside cabin for Next August.

First two passengers $770 per person

3rd & 4th passengers - $690 per person

So for a total of $160 extra, you can book two(2) CAT I cabins.

Obviously, it's a little higher for balcony and suite cabins to book two cabins. but you can always book an inside if your children are old enough.

Point is, the extra person charge is obviously too high since you can book a separate cabin for about the same price.

Thanks. The reason I asked was that the itinerary can play a big role. For instance, Canada/New England is typically more expensive than the Caribbean. And, even on other itineraries (such as this one), some ships can be more attractive then others, thereby attracting more interest and demanding higher prices.

Coupled with the fact that the cruise is in August, when school is not in session in some parts of the country, higher prices result for families (who typically need those extra berths).

As was mentioned in another post, shopping around and looking for specials can often result in a lower 3rd/4th pax rate.

$690 for a 3rd/4th pax in a suite or penthouse isn't so bad -- much better than paying the same rate for a smaller cabin and sleeping in an upper berth. I know that on Princess, the fare for the 3rd/4th pax is based on cabin category, which seems fair to me.

I understand how upset people can get when they look at what the 3rd and 4th person in a cabin are paying, sometimes it doesn't seem fair. With that said, you have to take into consideration what the cost is to purchase another cabin, if it something that you can do, then do it.

When I see a fare that I feel is ok, I book it. I sail with a group, but like my space, so I get my own cabin, talk about unfair, how about that single supplement!!!!!!!!! But that's what I like and I pay it. The single supplement on HAL is alot better than on most other cruise lines, other lines charge you 200%, HAL is a little bit better.

My bottom line here is, there are alot of cruise lines out there, if you feel you aren't being treated fairly by one, you can always chose another. There is something out there for everyone.

I never said that I was not being teated fairly. What I said was that the difference between having 4 people crammed into one inside cabin as opposed to having two identical inside cabins is only $160, so why would anyone in their right mind put four people in one cabin.

I never book inside cabins and my children are all grown, so I really have no personal beef here. It just does not make sense to me.

Archived