Butlers on Sky Deck, Galaxy

Pincus

We were on the 1/22 sailing of the Galaxy and had Challs as our butler. He was WONDERFUL. Always smiling, very gracious, nothing we asked was a problem. We were in 1204 and he also serviced 1202. The rest of his suites were on deck 10.

His "Shall I pour" is one of our favorite memories from the trip.

Yes, he got more than the recommended tip--he deserved it.

Susan in Frisco TX

We are sailing on March 21st on Galaxy but have an inside cabin on the sky deck.....do the butlers take care of these rooms as well? I've heard that sometimes the inside cabins get a few extra ammenities just because of their location....do any of you know this to be true?

To the best of my knowledge, the butlers do not take care of the inside rooms on this deck. Your cabin steward and assistant provide great service there, though. One thing you will like about the Sky Deck is that it is quiet and close to the jogging track. Enjoy!

Interesting - If Challs only does 2 cabins on Sky Deck, I wonder if just one other butler does all the rest? Or does one do the even numbered rooms, and one does the odd numbered rooms?

Bet all the butlers are good (heard other good remarks about Ivo). But Desmond was still our favorite.

I think the non-suite cabins on Sky deck get really good service because some of their load in the SKy Suites has been lifted by the butlers.

Still haven't found out if the Sky Suites get all the goodies that the CC cabins do (ex: flowers, foam pillows, etc.).

We were on the galaxy 2/3 PS 1047 and we has the connecting SS 1051 too.We met Challs who was lovely, but we has Vasant as our butler. He was not all that great-as a matter of fact he did almost nothing-we never got pillow menus,he would leave our tea cakes snacks etc. in the pantry off our rrom, covered, for us to serve ourselves. We were never offered champaigne,he did not offer to help me unpack(we never even saw him on the first evening until almost 7 P.M.). My 7 yo DD was with us and we wanted her to sleep on the fold out couch and it was broken. Vasant said "not my fault....too bad..." We had a roll away bed brought in and asked that it be removed as soon as we left the cabin each day...did not happen-they moved it when they felt like it-we climbed around it, entertained around it.....Oh well....we still had an awesome cruise-even a crummy butler couldn't ruin my trip!

I have had two butlers on X ships : Ralph on Mercury several years ago, and Desmond on another ship (can't recall which). Ralph was unbelievably great, Desmond was fine but less enthusiastic than Ralph. Other than full breakfast service we did not overwork the guys.

Gene in Birmingham

I wonder if Desmond is still on the Century?

I heard he might be on the Galaxy (or was it the Mercury?).

Anyone know?

What about whether the butlers are changing/leaving at the end of March (which means a sailing in April will have different butlers)??

Twice last May we were in a Sky Suite on the Galaxy. Both times our butler was Wilfred. He was fantastic, very soft spoken. We didn't ask him to do anything special, but he always made sure we had priority tender tickets and checked in several times to see how things were going. He delivered breakfast to us every morning, set it up on the table, complete with tablecloth. I can't remember our suite number, but it was on the sky deck. You would be very pleased with Wilfred, I think.

Becky

We were in cabin 1200 on Galaxy in Oct. This is a CC cabin, not a sky suite. We received no "extras" that were for the suites. In fact, while our cabin steward was fine, we really felt that our cabin service was a bit inferior to what we usually have enjoyed in regular non-cc balcony cabins. We guessed that our steward was spending most of his time catering to the suites and so we lowly ccers were given short shrift!

• 1 year later...

Archived