Ro Lay's on Bay and Victoria

Scooter-n-GB

Anyone had any food from this place? Interesting menu items including Sheep Tongue and Pigs feet Souse. Be curious to know if anyone has had the courage to try anything like that sort. :p

I'm always up for new and/or interesting food selections, so I definitely welcome any info.

Anyone had any food from this place? Interesting menu items including Sheep Tongue and Pigs feet Souse. Be curious to know if anyone has had the courage to try anything like that sort. :p

I'm always up for new and/or interesting food selections, so I definitely welcome any info.

Ro Lays is very casual.. A lot of downtown workers go there for lunch. Local Souse is very good.. a little peppery.. but tasty.. If you're not up for sheep or Pigs feet, there's alwasy Chicken Souse or Oxtail Stew.. delicious.

Thanks for the info Scubagirrl! Definitely not going to shy away from some pigsfeet or tongue souse! Sounds delicious. :D

If you're real brave.. you can get some authentic downhome cooking from the "lunch ladies".. women who cook from home and bring it to the docks to sell to the workers from their cars and vans. Big plates of fish, pork chops, chicken with side is under $10.. a huge bowl of souse or dumpling stew for $5.. $7 with a heaping helping of rice.. and home made mac and cheese.. to die for.

Check in back of the straw market around lunch time if you're interested.. you'll see a crowd of locals vying for a taste.

Archived