Irons/Blowdryers on Crown???

tron3737

Do the typical rooms on the Crown come with Irons and/or blowdryers or do we need to bring our own, or if supplied, are they worth using? I know about the onboard laundery and drycleaning services, but it is probably much easier to take care of one's self. . . thanks:D

Do the typical rooms on the Crown come with Irons and/or blowdryers or do we need to bring our own, or if supplied, are they worth using? I know about the onboard laundery and drycleaning services, but it is probably much easier to take care of one's self. . . thanks:D

You won't find irons in any cruise ship cabins, they are a fire hazard. They do have hair dryers but they aren't very strong, I always bring my own. There are irons in the laundry rooms which I think are on at least every other deck.

Lola in Hamilton

Being that the irons are a firehazard and they are discouraged, is it not possible/recomended to bring your own?? I have a nice one and I like properly pressed clothes.

No need to get upset. You asked a question and people gave you answers.

That said, have you considered using a travel steamer? You are allowed to bring those on board.

You won't find irons in any cruise ship cabins, they are a fire hazard. They do have hair dryers but they aren't very strong, I always bring my own. There are irons in the laundry rooms which I think are on at least every other deck.

Lola in Hamilton

No need to get upset. You asked a question and people gave you answers.

That said, have you considered using a travel steamer? You are allowed to bring those on board.

UPSET??!! Just following up on newly recieved info bro, chill! & yes a travel steamer is a novel idea;):rolleyes:

Everyone likes nicly pressed clothing and Princess is one of the very few lines that has a very nice laundry room you can use with ironing baords to press your clothes safely. A travel steamer doesn't give you the fine pressing you can get by simply going to the laundromat and using the free iron and ironing board.

The laundry room has an iron and ironing board and I had no problem using either one...NO WAIT at all, which was nice. Honestly, I wouldn't bring an iron on board. It is a HUGE fire hazard and might be taken from you. The laundry room is really nice!!

Being that the irons are a firehazard and they are discouraged, is it not possible/recomended to bring your own?? I have a nice one and I like properly pressed clothes.
No, you cannot bring irons onboard. They aren't just discouraged, they are banned. Since it is a fire hazard and in the aftermath of the Star fire, I wouldn't even think of bringing one -- it's not worth the potential problems. As we know from the Star, all it takes is one spark or electrical problem. As has been said, the laundry rooms have full-sized irons that you can use, and many do.

There is a hair dryer in every cabin and while slower than my dryer at home, I've never had a problem. The very soft water onboard has much more of an effect on how my hair looks than the hair dryer.

From the Passenge Contract:

Carrier has the right to prohibit items from being brought on board that may pose a safety hazard. These include but are not limited to utensils, tools and certain types of sporting equipment that may be used as a weapon, firearms, flammable substances (except for limited quantities of personal care toiletries), explosives, irons, heating devices, candles, certain types of recreational wheeled transportation devices or any other item that Security personnel may identify as a potential threat to safety.

Downy Wrinkle Release is a wonderful item you might consider using. Lightly spray your clothes, smooth out the wrinkles with your hand while holding the fabric taut, and wrinkles are history. You can even spray your sleeves and pinch the fabric while running your fingers down the crease, and you will have a crease that is just about as good as one you get with an iron. Does not stain, spot, etc.

I completely agree with Dixie Lee.

Downey Wrinkle Release is one of the best things out there. I bought it to take on our first cruise two years ago, and could not believe the job it did on our clothes.

M fiancee' hates ironing, so he uses it everyday.

Archived