Needles and refrigerators

katct

Hello,

I am planning to fly to San Juan for boarding the Galaxy next week. I take Rebif for MS. It is an injectable medication that comes in pre-filled syringes. I will have an up-to-date prescription with me and the meds will be packed in their original packaging.

My questions:

Has anyone flown internationally with filled syringes in their carry-on? I am afraid to pack the medicine because it should not be allowed to freeze or become heated much above room temperature. But of course I am also worried about being confronted at security points.

Will I have a refridgerator in my cabin (9217 outside) on Galaxy?

I will also try to phone celebrity but I so value personal accounts from someone who has done this.

Thanks,

My DW has MS also and uses Beta seron injections also. We have flown many times and have never had any problems going through security with the prefilled injections bottles as well as the needles. Make sure you have a copy of the prescription form, from the Pharmacy as well as a Doctor's note just in case. Keep everything with you in your carry on bag at all times.

Sorry I can't help you with the fridge.

Tibear

My DH used to use Rebif, now we use Copaxone. We have flown many times and have never ever been questioned about the syringes. I have been told that you can get a bucket of ice for your syringes from the cabin steward. I have also been told your steward could put them in a room service frig. However we were told in one hotel we stayed in that didn't have frigs in the room that it was illegal to keep medicince and food in the same frig. Don't know if that is true or not.

I have MS and use avonex. Never experienced problems at the airport. On cruise ships and for hotels I call in advance and tell them that I will need a refrigerator for my injectable meds. I have never had a problem getting that taken care of except at the very small mom and pop motels. Also on the cruise ship I request HC room but if none are available I do request a stool for in the shower. Never know when you will lose your balance! Even in the smallest of showers the stool fit and for grab bars in the ships bathroom I just used the sink to pull myself up. Last week on NCL Majesty, which is not a very HC accessible ship because of its age, the staff was wonderful. Since I could not walk up to deck 11 where there were reclining sun chairs all I had to do was ask and someone would bring me one. I felt very pampered all week and loved it. I went IS gty.

Archived