Alaska Slideshow

JPCruising

Thanks for the comments. I used a Canon Digital Rebel with the kit lens, 18-55mm and the Canon 75-300mm IS lens. I also took along my laptop so I could download pictures from my memory cards and burned backup cds just in case of hard drive failure.

This slide show...is kick *bleep*.

If I hadn't thought about going to alaska already I would have been on board in a second.

Thanks so much!

How much was your camera? STUNNING photos Did you auto focus or manual? How many different scene settings do you have? How many MP is it?

Awesome slideshow and outstanding photos. We will be doing Alaska on the Infinity in August and was happy to see all of the ports we are going to. I have a Rebel XT with a 17-85IS and 10-22 that I plan to use a whole bunch. I will be getting a 70-300IS for my birthday that will really help for the wildlife. Thanks so much for sharing.

How much was your camera? STUNNING photos Did you auto focus or manual? How many different scene settings do you have? How many MP is it?

The camera was around $1000 back in 2004 when I purchased it and the current version which is the XTi is about the same. This camera is a digital SLR model which has a totally automatic setting as well as 10 others. I primarily use the Av (aperture) mode which allows me to control depth of field by setting the aperture and the camera selects the shutter speed. I use the auto focus and use the center focus point. This camera is a 6 megapixel. If you are interested I have many other cruise pictures posted at my photo website - http://www.jprphotos.com

A Single Lens Reflex (SLR) camera whether digital or film operates under the same principal. When you look through the view finder on an SLR you are looking through the lens so you "see" what the camera sees. This is accomplished by a mirror that allows you to see through the lens. The mirror blocks the shutter, so when you press the shutter button the mirror flips up out of the way which allows the light to come through the lens and hit the film or digital sensor to capture the image. Because of the mirror blocking the sensor you cannot capture video or see a live preview on the LCD like on point-n-shoot (PNS)digital cameras. PNS cameras also have a fixed lens where as a SLR has removable lens which allows you a lot more flexibility. With either type of camera you can take great pictures but there are trade offs with either type. There is a lot more that could be said but these are a few of the differences.

A Single Lens Reflex (SLR) camera whether digital or film operates under the same principal. When you look through the view finder on an SLR you are looking through the lens so you "see" what the camera sees. This is accomplished by a mirror that allows you to see through the lens. The mirror blocks the shutter, so when you press the shutter button the mirror flips up out of the way which allows the light to come through the lens and hit the film or digital sensor to capture the image. Because of the mirror blocking the sensor you cannot capture video or see a live preview on the LCD like on point-n-shoot (PNS)digital cameras. PNS cameras also have a fixed lens where as a SLR has removable lens which allows you a lot more flexibility. With either type of camera you can take great pictures but there are trade offs with either type. There is a lot more that could be said but these are a few of the differences.

So how do you get your pictures? Do you digitally upload them like other digital cameras or do they have film?

Chattypatty, in order to see slideshows created in ProShow Gold you have to download they're viewer. Usually when you click on the link it will give you a message to that affect and give you the option to download the viewer. I hope that helps.

Hello Mike, we began our trip on June 4th which is still early in the season.

Wow, that's about when we go, I hope we have the same weather!

I truely enjoyed your show. I don't think I've ever seen Talkeetna in photos, i'm so looking forward to it. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Archived