what you wish carnival would change to their website

Illinoisgal

I wish for 3 things for the Carnival website to improve it's functionality and ease of use. What do you wish they would do?

Mine are 1) have the available cabins flash like RC website does so you can find them easier

2) when you are searching around for your next cruise it would be nice if when you hit the back browser to change cabin cat's etc that the stupid "Need Help let us call you " pop up comes ever time, sometimes in multiples

3) I wish they could get my past guest number to work. I moved and got married and apparantly it s too much for the computer to take :)

What do you wish they would improve on?

I wish they had better pictures and descriptions of the room. We had a 5a which they describe as having french doors. We had a window and it looked nothing like the picture they give of an ocean view. They show no pictures of a room with bunks in it or what the family rooms with full windows look like. People are always asking on these boards about descriptions of certain rooms.

I would like to see their pricing actually show up accurately. You put in a location for example and Resident Rates never seem be reflected anyway. They also do not accomodate for Senior Rates ets. RCCL also does a GREAT job of this on their website.

I also hate the way you have to search for a cruise if you are interested in a particular ship but not necessarily for a particular date range. For example when you select a FunShip the itinerary options are listed and one particular ship can have like 10 Western Sailings and you have to look at for the dates etc and then go back and check others to find when you want.

To be honest with you I would not change anything really...I might want more pics but that's about it...have you been to RCL, or NCL, or Princess's sites? They are horrible and not as easy to navigate, part of the reason why I stuck with Carnival, it's so much easier to navigate and check back and what not I feel so much more comfortable being able to go and look at things with ease.

Show all travel dates and prices for a ship, regardless of length of cruise or day of week it leaves on.

Yes that is an annoyace too, looking underneath sailing for a ship and having to search thru 8 options to find what you are looking for, and some only have one sail date Arrgh

I wish it would show the rates for the 3rd/4th/5th passenger without having to pretend like you're booking.

And I wish that if it said the rates started at $499 for a particular sailing, that was TRUE. I don't know how many times I have chosen a date because of that price, only to get into the booking process and found out that the lowest rate was actually $30 per person more than that.

I hate that thing! If I am looking at a cruise for next Dec. I have to click 12 times on one calendar and then for the return date it doesn't automatically move to Dec., you have to click that one 12 times also. I actually sent in a comment on that. What a pain in the a*~!

Happy Cruising!

Donna

I wished they could get our past guest numbers update.....we haven't moved or remarried. I tried calling guest relations to get credit for all our cruises and they don't have all of them on mine but most of them on my husbands. She didn't beleive me that I did go on the cruises with him. We have 11 cruises with carnival and only 8 are on my profile. I can't pull up hubbys with his past guest number says it isn't right...even though that is the number they gave me!

When filling out the profiles for guest, we listed a birthday and aniversary. They didn't stick, and you can't edit or add to your profile other than basic info. I also wanted to pre-pay tips, that didn't stick also and is also not editable.

Overall, the site is just ok. Frustratingly slow, and not too well thought out, but ok.

123 more days to Costa Maya and Cozumel. I'll bet they are brewing the beer as I am typing.

I hate that thing! If I am looking at a cruise for next Dec. I have to click 12 times on one calendar and then for the return date it doesn't automatically move to Dec., you have to click that one 12 times also. I actually sent in a comment on that. What a pain in the a*~!

Happy Cruising!

Donna

It won't accept our past guest numbers either, even though those numbers are on every single mailing that they send to us (and that's ALOT of mail!).

I also don't like the fact that I have to manually enter the booking number before our cruise information will show up. Isn't it already in their system? Why doesn't it show automatically?

No website is perfect. They all have annoying glitches about them. :(

Given that, it would be nice if you could go through the whole process from finding a Carnival cruise you may be interested in, from ship to itinerary, to dates, to total cost, without having to enter in all the passenger names, places, passwords and personal information along the way. Especially if you have a past guest number and password, which means that the Carnival computer has most of that personal information anyway.

Of all the cruise line websites I have used I find the Princess one the least frustrating for hunting up cruises, but only if I go through the 'site map'.:D

Tom&Deb:)

The calendar is so frustrating if you want to book a bit in advance-just have to keep on clicking for the right month/day/year

And why do they keep asking me if I want help:confused: - my fingers arent broken(Im using a computer aren't I) and I know how to use the phone but they refuse to let you check prices without a barrage of pop-ups about contacting a pvp.

Wish it was so easy to contact them in email (for the length of a regular letter )- their 'contact us' site only allows 1,000 characters in the box

For those of you frustrated with clicking on the calendar multiple times (been there, done that), there's a solution. Don't do it! Instead of clicking on the calendar icon, just type in the dates in the format mm/dd/yyyy. Put your cursor over the date box and a help message will appear showing you other shortcuts. Or, try using the Cruise Wizard under "Also Search By:". Happy cruise hunting! :)

I wish for 3 things for the Carnival website to improve it's functionality and ease of use. What do you wish they would do?

Mine are 1) have the available cabins flash like RC website does so you can find them easier

2) when you are searching around for your next cruise it would be nice if when you hit the back browser to change cabin cat's etc that the stupid "Need Help let us call you " pop up comes ever time, sometimes in multiples

3) I wish they could get my past guest number to work. I moved and got married and apparantly it s too much for the computer to take :)

What do you wish they would improve on?

As for number three you have to register on the site using the name and address that past guest number was issued under. Once you've done that you can change your personal info.

I wish they would include military rates along with place to plug in military discount.

I wish they would show what rooms are the hc rooms!!

I too wish they had real pictures of each of their type rooms. For one I think customers would be much happier cruisers if they know exactly what they are getting ahead of time.

It would be nice if they could maybe include a tip column on what to take on a cruise or not take. Or a spot directing ppl to this site lol. I found this by pure accident and have passed on to everyone I know it too but my first cruise would of been so much better had I found out all this wonderful information.

More pics more pics more pics...lets face it, the ships are beautiful so why not show it off is my thought.

Although I feel Carnival has a decent website, I agree with the calendar issues, I don't want to have to type the info...it's a real pain in the aft. If you check some of the airline sites, their clickable calendars are fast and they remember the dates you chose if you need to go back and change something in your search info. For me, little details like this make searching for a cruise a bit more fun and little less frustrating.

Archived