Just got back from CB 1-7 to 1-14

wagmart

We had a great time on our first Princess cruise. We usually sail on RCCL or Celebrity so this was something different for us.

We got to the pier at 10:30 and I dropped the luggage and my wife and 2 cousins . They were early enough to be let into the terminal and got the number 3 for embarking. I took the car back to the airport and was ready to catch a bus to the pier when I was told the first bus did not go back with passengers till noon. I walked around and stood around toll 11:45 and the bus came and let us on for a trip to the pier. While I was waiting I got a call from my wife and she let me know that she wasnt allowed to use the cell phone in the terminal at the pier so I was kind of lost when I arrived at the pier. I found someone that let me into the building and found my group right away. It was 12:30 when I got to the counter. We were on the ship before 1:00. All the hype on not getting to the pier before 1 PM was probably a way to slow down the mad dash to the pier. When I got there at 12:30 the outside line was the whole length of the building. We were in L 209 cabin. I would pick the Lido deck again. It was close to food and the pool. I was very impressed with the ship. We had a great week that I will write about later but just wanted to write this before I forgot. We had a great debarkation as well and were lucky to be flying to Atlanta because other airports had many cancellations. We flew Airtran to Kansas City and were lucky to get on the only plane for this airline to fly to KC. Will write more about the cruise later. :)

We were in L 209 cabin. I would pick the Lido deck again. It was close to food and the pool.

Last spring we were in L249, on the starboard side of the Lido deck. You're right: it was a very convenient location because it was the same deck as the buffets and swimming pools. Quite handy when we wanted to return to our cabin while sunbathing or when we wanted a snack. We discovered there are only 42 balcony cabins and 25 inside cabins on the Lido deck, all located at the front of the ship. The pools are located midship and the buffets are located aft. So actually there was very little foot traffic in our hallway since there is no reason to come down there unless you are among the few passengers housed there. A great location!

I can't tell you what happened after I let my wife off at the pier. All I know is that she said ther would be a 2 hour wait for boarding to start. That was close since I had to wait till noon to get a shuttle to the pier. They don't allow that many people in the building. Mostly wheelchairs and elderly. I don't think we looked elderly so I guess it was the time we arrived that allowed us to go in. When I got to the pier they wouldn't let me in the building until I finall got a person in charge to let me in and find her.

Archived