Enterprises-Galveston Drop Off Fee

DetectiveMom

I was told I didn't need to pay drop off fee, if I picked up at Enterprise just off of the airport grounds.

For Houston Hobby, this is 9001 Frey Rd, Houston 77034.

When I made my reservation, I did not have a $60 one way fee. Also the return trip does not have this fee.

Feel like I earned a drink for this figuring this out. :)

Michelle

Forgot to include their office hours:

M-F 7:30AM-6PM

Sat 9AM-Noon

Sun Closed.

Not sure if there are other offices that might need your hours need and not having to pay the drop off fee.

Go on the Enterprise web site and you can do searches or call the Galveston office.

Michelle

Just reserved a car using Enterprise's Texas one-way rental phone number from their website (800-848-9613). Operator told me about the $60 one-way fee, but my email confirmation does not mention it at all. Email clearly says pickup at Hobby and return at Galveston, base charge of $25 (full size car, one day) plus various taxes, total $33.03.

Hope I get away without paying the $60.

Unless you can find a cheaper rate for the return trip you may as well consider taking a cab. The cab fare from Barbour's Cut to Hobby airport runs around $55. Atleast you won't have the hassle of renting and dropping off.

I just booked yesterday, we're Hobby - Port of Houston (NCL) and the return trip is $60. I can't figure that out.

icanflossu: if you are going NCL, it is at La Porte, not Galveston. I talked to the Enterprise guy in La Porte and he said his overhead is higher [hires guys to take the car to the port nite before, parking in public lot, etc] so that is the reason for the higher rate. He also said there was a shuttle for $25/person altho I didn't clarify which airport (I'd been talking about HOU so I would hope he would understand that)

There's also a $3 charge for dropping your car at La Porte - due to putting it in the public lot there. Key under mat, etc. Sure beats the drop off charges at Galveston!!

Did you get the same $33 rate for the return trip? I just booked yesterday, we're Hobby - Port of Houston (NCL) and the return trip is $60. I can't figure that out.

No, the return trip is much more. Current reservation is for $94. I may try reserving through a different person, or perhaps with Hertz, to see if I can get a better deal on that return trip. Meanwhile, at least I have something reserved.

How much is cabfare from Galveston to Hobby? Just curious. I'll probably rent anyway since my flight home is not until 7pm. We'll have at least 4-6 hours to kill, so we can rent a car and hit the space center.

Made a reservation with enterprise the other day for a rental from Houston to Galveston. I was quoted the 60.00 drop charge. When my email confirmation came, the total including the charge was on it. I called again today to see about any different rates to be had. Was quoted a cheaper price for a bigger car and told of the drop charge. I took the new reservation and cancelled the old one. When my e-mail confirmation came, the drop charge was NOT on it. Only the 32.00 total for the daily rental. If they say anything at the counter-- Hey, nobody told me about a drop charge--and it's not on this confirmation. They can't charge for it now! Hope others have the same opportunity! Bye for now. BillfromPa.

Did you get the same $33 rate for the return trip? I just booked yesterday, we're Hobby - Port of Houston (NCL) and the return trip is $60. I can't figure that out.

On the return trip back to IAH, I rented the car from Hertz (they are on the Port premises) and there is no return charge.

We used Enterprise Rent-A-Car for our transportation from Houston Bush Intercontinental to Galveston on 1/20. Not only were we charged the drop off fee but they attempted to charge us $14 more than what was on the original email confirmation. Coming back using Hertz we were actually charged less than the email confirmation stated. We'll be avoiding using Enterprise in the future. Seemed like a smoke and mirror's operation.

I just called the Galveston Office (409-740-0700)and booked a one way from Houston IAH to Galveston... For under $30.. no mention of the drop off fee. :) Unfourtunantly they have no cars for our return to Houston on 4/7/07 :( I'll try Hertz later.

Thanks for all the GREAT advise regarding this situation.

• 1 month later...

Now i just looked at my flight and i dont even land in hobby until 6:40 pm on April 13 . The cruise leaves on the 14th

Therefore the only place i can rent a car at that hour is the airport

Now how did anyone rent from hertz or enterprise and drop off at galveston wihout paying drop off fee?

What office should i call or should i book online?

Im lost!!

Have you booked your hotel yet? If you stayed next to the airport, you could get your rental in the morning and drop it off the same day in Houston.

Call the Enterprise office directly to book the one day/one way rental.

9001-F FREY ROAD

HOUSTON, TX 77034-3550

Tel.: (713) 947-2299

This is what I'm paying for 2 days Fri-Sun so yours would be half.

Rate information (all rates in U.S. DOLLARS):

Daily 2 DAYS @ 33.99 = 67.98

TEXAS PROPERTY TAX & LIC FEES 2 DAYS @ 1.30 = 2.60

* Subtotal = 70.58

HARRIS COUNTY STADIUM TAX 5.00 % = 3.53

SALES TAX 10.00 % = 7.06

Total charges = 81.17

Good luck!

Michelle

rlowe38742,

If you are landing at Hobby Airport at 6:40PM and leaving the next day from Galveston, you probably don't want to stay in the Galleria area - despite the great shopping. That would be a lot of time spent driving across Houston. You might consider staying in this area, Clear Lake, which is about mid-way between Hobby Airport and Galveston and shopping at Baybrook Mall at I-45 and Bay Area Blvd.

Archived