Itinerary Change-Panama Canal 1/28/07

NHcruisers

Hi--

Just got a call from my travel agent--

On this cruise it appears that O is replacing San Andres with Cartagena and Cozumel with Georgetown, Grand Cayman.

Seems to have something to do with different enforcement of the Passenger Services Act as mandated by Department of Homeland security. I think the applicable term here is "cabotage" although not sure I understand either a) the definition or b) why the justification for the change.

In any case, the itinerary has been changed as noted above. I suspect based on the little I know, that certain other itineraries dealing with "foreign Ports" will be changed as well.

Just thought that others might want to know...

Regards--

Bill

On this cruise it appears that O is replacing San Andres with Cartagena and Cozumel with Georgetown, Grand Cayman.

Seems to have something to do with different enforcement of the Passenger Services Act as mandated by Department of Homeland security.

I suppose that San Andres no longer qualifies as a "distant foreign port". It seemed odd to me that it ever qualified, given its location. I tried to find on Google some detail of the change but found nothing.

We enjoyed the Miami-LA cruise January, 2006 and were fortunate to have had David McCullough, author of Path Between the Seas, as a lecturer.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Fred

I won't miss Cozumel and I've never been to San Andres, hadn't even heard of it, so the change is fine with me. We booked this cruise for the Panama Canal (watched Regatta go through on the web cam today) and the number of sea days. The ports are just a nice diversion.

Archived