Credit Lost ????

dmk

In the beginning of January, I was able to take advantage of a "senior discount" (the joys of being over 55:rolleyes: ). My sister who is on the same cruise was able to do the same. Her visa card has been credited. Mine hasn't.

Celebrity tells me that they credited my card on Jan8th. My bank says it takes 3-5 business days to show up and it hasn't. However, my sister has received her credit on her discounted on Jan 8th.

I have spoken to 2 CC reps who assure me all is well. I have spoke to my bank 3 times now. They tell me they have received nothing and nothing is pending.

I spoke to a customer service rep today who couldn't give me an explanation of where this credit is. I then asked to speak to a supervisor. Actually, I had to insist 5 times to speak to a supervisor.:cool:

The supervisor, who was none too helpful said she would give it to accounting and they would call. No, no they haven't called.:confused:

HELP! Who should I call next and do you have a telephone number.:(

I'd email Jayme Porkolab at jporkolab@rcl.com She's the Director of Customer Relations and is great to work with. Include your phone number and she's likely to call you. Good luck!

Hi Sheila !

While I am not advocating calling Ms. Porkolab.... if one wanted to email her, wouldnt her email address end in RCCL.COM ? I think the last part of her email address may not be accurate.

Normally, all credit card transactions do clear in a couple days, however, sometimes they dont....

About 2 months ago I booked airfare for myself and my fiance for our honeymoon (10-day Med cruise on Century) with British Airways on my Amex. After a week, the transaction still had not shown up on Amex account and when I called Amex they said they didnt see a thing coming down the pipe to clear. Of course, when I called BA they told me everything was fine, my tickets were issued/confirmed and yes, they had no problems with my card. After another 10 days (total of 2 weeks), the tickets FINALLY showed up on my Amex on-line balance dated for the day before. Huge sigh of relief!

Give it a little time. If more than 2.5 weeks goes by, call CC and ask them for the authorization number from the transaction w/ their merchant bank and follow-up with your issuing bank.

Sheila

Thank you very much for the contact. I will wait a little and if my problem is not resolved, I will contact Jayme.

Andy

I will see you on board the Century. Hopefully my problem will be resolved and I will have some extra spending money.:rolleyes:

Mobster 75

Thank you for easing my mind. I think I panicked when I noticed that my sister had her credit 3 days later.

I thought to revive this thread because I am getting so frustrated!!!:mad:

My credit must be floating in space. I asked today just for some kind of invoice to show a minus $ that they had credited me with e.g

Total charge: $800.

Amount paid: $1000

Balance credited: -$200

This is what my sister's invoice looks like.

I am told they can't do that by customer relations and that they have "emailed" accounting. Emailed:eek: , I asked why they couldn't speak by phone? The agent told me that they are not able to telephone accounting:mad: Am I missing something here? Isn't this astrange way to communicate:confused:

Help! What's my next step?:confused:

Archived