What do all the room categories (1A, 4B, etc.) mean?

BlessedBeingMom

Hi, I'm new here and I've been doing a lot of reading over the last few weeks. We are booked on the Holiday with an outside guarantee. I see a lot of references to things like 1A, 4B, etc. What do all these mean and how do you know what is considered better? Thank you for any explanation.

Tricia

Hi, I'm new here and I've been doing a lot of reading over the last few weeks. We are booked on the Holiday with an outside guarantee. I see a lot of references to things like 1A, 4B, etc. What do all these mean and how do you know what is considered better? Thank you for any explanation.

Tricia

These refer to the type of view ( if any ), bedding arrangement, and the deck they are on. For example on the Holiday 1A would be an inside cabin with an upper & a lower bed ( kinda like bunks )

4's are inside, two lower beds

6's are oceanview, two lower beds

12's are Suites

The letter refers to the deck they are on. In the case of the Holiday, A would be Riviera deck, B would be Main deck, C would be Upper deck, and D would be Empress deck.

For the most part the letter only indicates what deck. Some ships have balcony cabins, then you have categories like 8A etc, and 9, as well as some "mini" suites in a category 11. Again, on the balcony cabins the letter usually refers to the deck, but not always the same deck as the 4A's & 6A's etc.

I hope that wasn't more confusing.. LOL :D

-Mike

• 2 months later...

This is the post I've always wanted! I now understand! Thank you obi-wan. :)

Someone should sticky that somewhere if it isn't already.

These refer to the type of view ( if any ), bedding arrangement, and the deck they are on. For example on the Holiday 1A would be an inside cabin with an upper & a lower bed ( kinda like bunks )

4's are inside, two lower beds

6's are oceanview, two lower beds

12's are Suites

The letter refers to the deck they are on. In the case of the Holiday, A would be Riviera deck, B would be Main deck, C would be Upper deck, and D would be Empress deck.

For the most part the letter only indicates what deck. Some ships have balcony cabins, then you have categories like 8A etc, and 9, as well as some "mini" suites in a category 11. Again, on the balcony cabins the letter usually refers to the deck, but not always the same deck as the 4A's & 6A's etc.

I hope that wasn't more confusing.. LOL :D

-Mike

:) We asked the same question last week and got help from several fellow cruisers.

The one that we seemed to agree helped the most was as follows, and I quote.

" Ok, the letters mean the deck. A is the lowest, I is the highest deck.

So if you have a Cat.8a Balcony that would probably start for example only in the Upper Deck, deck 6, a Cat. 8I would be up on the Spa Deck, Deck 11.

Cat 1a and 4a are Inside Cabins

Cat 5a are cabins with Port Holes or a cabin that has a window but has an obstruction

Cat. 6a are Ocean View cabins

Cat. 7a are Balconies with Obstructions

Cat. 8a are Balconies

Cat. 9a are Mini Suites

Cat. 11a are Suites

Cat. 12a are Penthouse suites "

Hope this helps, Have a great cruise.

Archived