Insight Travel Istanbul

KiwiOkker

We are travelling on the Nautica on June 8th from Rome to Istanbul. We are looking at Insight Travel in Istanbul for a day tour to Ephesus from Kusadasi and then a four day tour including Istabul, Gallipoli and Troy. I hear that Troy is not that good. Insight seems good, does any one had any experiences with them?

Also I have read comments on this site about the huge luggage allowances. We travel to Europe each year for six weeks with about 12kg each! What's more we turn out ok ( might be a bit extra for this trip.) We will be in Italy for four weeks before the cruise. After buying smaller and smaller suitcases over the years have learnt the art of packing light so we are not encumbered by vast amounts of baggage or risk doing ourselves an injury. The discipline is hard but we sometimes travel by train or we have to heave luggage in and out of a rental car so I suppose you could say it is self preservation. We fly business class where our allowance is 30kg each (we take less than half that - we normally take a little folding bag which we can use for a bit of last minute shopping but that is it!

This is our first cruise on Nautica, chosen for its smallness, lack of formality and the ability to book a great Balcony cabin on A deck.

Archived