Typical Oceania Airlines/Flights

osbuilder

We are booked on the May 29, 2007 cruise from Athens to Rome, and are terribly excited about it. When we made the reservation, we didn't even think to look into the flights, as we got the "free air" offer. But now we are concerned. Does anyone have information as to what airlines/flights Oceania might book us on? We are going from Orlando to Athens fours days early to vacation in Athens before the cruise, and now, based on the prices I can find on the internet, it would be terribly expensive to do the air deviation. Any information anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Purple Cow, that makes me feel a lot better. I've been doing searches on the internet, mostly using Kayak on USA Today, and I've been getting some not so good flights, such as: Orlando to Miami, Miami to Madrid, Madrid to Barcelona, Barcelona to Athens. I would just hope that Oceania won't do that sort of flight booking for us.

I have been battling the air department at Oceania for a while now regarding some passengers that I have traveling to Athens, returning from Istanbul in May. Some of the schedules I have seen have not been acceptable, and I have asked them to do better.

There are some carriers that carry a supplemental charge. The benefit that they offer is that they can mix and match carriers better than any agent can.

If you have a specific schedule or carrier you want to request, you can call the cruise line and make the request for what they call an air deviation. The cost for this, provided they give you a schedule you like, is $75 per person. There may be an additional charge, depending on the carrier. I would suggest you make a deviation request based upon carriers that have no supplemental charges and see what they come up with. If you dont like the schedule there is no deviation charge, as near as I can tell.

Good luck,

Brad

Archived