Mariner of the Seas Dining Questions

vesw01

Have not sailed yet but Johnny Rockets is a burger & shake place. An old style diner type of thing. I think you pay a $3.95 cover charge for the food, all you want, plus buy your milk shakes and such. There are 2 specialty restaurants, I believe.

Yes Mariner has a Johnny Rockets as well as Portifinos and Chops.

They all have a surcharge JR is 3.95 and the others are 20.

Portifinos is Itialian cuisine and Chops is Steaks.

I can't speak for Portifinos but we did Chops for my birthday and it was great!

Maura

Was just on Mariner and the previous posts are accurate on charges for dining. Additionally the staff @ JR put on a little show where they sing and line dance. Here in Tampa they have several locations and the shakes are good.

The specialty dining is excellent and on every cruise we eat at Chops and Portofino if the ship has both. Chops has filet, NY Strips, ribeye, lamb chops, grilled veal chop.

Portofino is more continental style Italian not red sauce. Excellent appetisers, 4 pasta course choices, and the entrees are seafood, veal saltinbocca, filet. The Spedina du Mare (shrimp, scallops, lobster, and salmon) grilled on a skewer and the spaghetti du mare which is a garlic butter sauce with seafood are a couple of my favorites. Tiramisu and the desert sampler are the two best in our opinion. We did not care for the veal but that is just our opinion.

Either is well worth the added charge!

HI,

Also just back from the Mariner...we ate at Johnny Rockets and enjoyed it...the info is correct that the surcharge is $3.95 for food , but in addition they charge for whatever beverage you order (I think milkshakes were around $3.50). So, for a our family of 5 it added up! There was also a pretty good line of people waiting to get in on the sea days.

We did not eat at Chops or Portofinos as we had a 2 1/2 year old with us, and neither restaurant takes children under the age of 13. Just something to be aware of!

Enjoy-the Mariner was lots of fun-don't miss the Ice Show!!

They did not charge for water and we did not order iced tea, so I can't answer that...they did charge for soft drinks and I think it was $1.50 for regular sodas and $2.25 for flavored sodas...as I said, it really added up for a family...some of the cruisers with higher level status on RCI must be given coupons as the waiter asked if we had coupons (makes you feel good when you are paying and others are getting it for free!)

We always eat at Johnny Rockets on port days - and have never had a wait. We have also never been charged for pop! The four or so times we have eaten there the restaurant has only been about 1/4 full, so I think they are more lenient when the place is nearly empty. On sea days there will be a wait for entry.

If you are Crown & Anchor members you will receive a coupon for a free meal (the $3.95).

Archived