Confused???

Please help--I am confused...We are going on our first cruise this Aug. (Grandeur). I have heard a lot of people talking about smuggling beer/alcohol on the ship. Some have even talked about have ice chests filled daily to keep their beer cold. Are you allowed to take beer/alcohol on the ship if you say it is for in room use only and is there a fee associated with this? IF you are successful in smuggling it on the ship how do you keep in an ice chest with ice daily?

Most lines (including RCI) have a stipulation that no alcohol is to be brought on board. People still do bring it. Some call it smuggling.

If it is discovered and the ship decides to enforce the rule, the alcohol will be kept for you and returned to your cabin on the last night of the cruise.

Your room steward will generally keep you in ice if you ask.

Personally, I buy what I want on the ship and not worry about carting any extras on board.

Congratulations on your upcoming first cruise :D We absolutely loved the Grandeur!

While on the Navigator last month, we had a small colapsible cooler (bought on ebags.com), looks just like a regular piece of luggage. It held 14 cans of beer as well as some bottles of water. In total, we carried on 14 beers, 12 diet cokes, and 10 bottles of water. This didn't have any inpact on our seapass as it was 4 digits and the first one wasn't a 1...I didn't see anyone carrying on a regular cooler.

Our wonderful room steward changed the ice in the cooler twice a day, as well as removed the contents of the mini-fridge.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!! Please be sure to come back and tell us all about it :D

###

The bar tender in the Solarium on our last cruise told us that as long as you bring beer onboard in limited quantities (12 pack max), you will not be stopped from boarding with it for in cabin consumption.

Archived