Formal Nights on Mariner (west)

TomandSue

Also just back from Mariner...and nights 2 and 5 were the formal nights...

Regarding shorts, we were waiting to enter the dining room a couple of nights and noticed a few men in shorts waiting to go in...and we then heard the maitre d's deny them entrance! Yea! If they say "no shorts" then they need to enforce no shorts!!

Was on the 12/31 Mariner, and it was the first sea day and Grand Cayman day for the formal nights. The only night I noticed shorts in the dining room was the final night; there may have been the first night but I can't remember (it was NYE, so some people got really dressed up, and others were pretty casual, but it was still listed as a casual night).

We're sailing on the Mariner on Feb 10th and I can't wait for the Formal Nights. I had Gastric Bypass Surgery in August and have dropped 5 sizes! (20 to 10) I have a new black dress and I can't wait to wear it!!

WOW! Congratulations, Christy! That's great! :D

All the food on the ship can be a big temptation.... We had an Alpha, Alpha, Alpha call on Brilliance in December. There was a gentleman who had recently had the surgery who ate too much and made himself very ill. He was ok, but that's not something you want to experience on your vacation. :(

Have a great time! :)

Archived