Chance of an Upgrade?

Rosslyn

Hi to all, I'm very new to the cruise scene, but have become a cruise critic/Oceania devotee already! I'm booked on the Insignia Rome to Athens leaving May 22 2007 and have just found I have been allocated cabin number 6086 which I see from another post is obstructed view. I would dearly love to upgrade to 'concierge level' but my TA tells me the cruise is booked out. Can I waitlist for an upgrade and what are my chances? As I am an Australian (dont think many of us cruise with Oceania yet) I mightnt have much 'pull'. I am so impressed by what I've seen on these boards about the management of Oceania I cant wait for my first 'cruise experience'!

I don't see that there is any more obstruction with this cabin than any other, you can't see to either side in any balcony, unless you "hang out" over the rail a bit, and then not into any other balcony...but to the for & aft of the ship. I realize there is a slight angled cosmetic effect overhang to the aft, but doesn't look great...see other posts about cabins on O...with photos. We had a cabin that sat at the bulkhead wall, (Where the emergency doors are), that divide the ship into sections. Our balcony was about 1' longer than most because of this wall...also gave us more privacy and less sound from neighboring cabin. (Too bad it wasn't on the other side as the older folks (well our age I guess) seemed to be hard of hearing and shouted EVERYTHING at each other all the time. Not in anger just everthing they said...and was easily heard and understood! Didn't need that much info on them.

Thanks for your input. I guess I have been looking forward to this cruise so much that I just hoped everything would be perfect and felt a little disappointed when I got this allocation, given that I booked so long ago.

Archived