I made a mistake with RCCL points, advice

I sent for my coupons for an upcoming cruise in February from my RC credit card, (by the way they got here in 5 days). When they came they were supposed to ALL be for on board credits, but they sent me a 50,000 one that just had 500 discount on the cruise, and 15,000 which just had discount on cruise, and a 5,000 for a 50.00 on board credit. I filled them out and put a note that I had already paid in full, could I have an on-board credit or would they just refund what I had paid. They got the certificates by certified mail December 30, 2006. I have not heard anything nor does a credit show on my card or on my cruises account for the upcoming cruise.

Does anyone have any advice for me on who to call or talk to to see if the credit has been or will be applied. I really have no preference if it is an on-board or a credit for the cruise.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS. For those who think I made a mistake by asking for all on board credit, it was a personal preference. I want to treat my daughter to lots of spa treatments and bingo so it would get used and we will have a great time. :) Please dont flame me.

I sent for my coupons for an upcoming cruise in February from my RC credit card, (by the way they got here in 5 days). When they came they were supposed to ALL be for on board credits, but they sent me a 50,000 one that just had 500 discount on the cruise, and 15,000 which just had discount on cruise, and a 5,000 for a 50.00 on board credit. I filled them out and put a note that I had already paid in full, could I have an on-board credit or would they just refund what I had paid. They got the certificates by certified mail December 30, 2006. I have not heard anything nor does a credit show on my card or on my cruises account for the upcoming cruise.

Does anyone have any advice for me on who to call or talk to to see if the credit has been or will be applied. I really have no preference if it is an on-board or a credit for the cruise.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS. For those who think I made a mistake by asking for all on board credit, it was a personal preference. I want to treat my daughter to lots of spa treatments and bingo so it would get used and we will have a great time. :) Please dont flame me.

Did you scan or copy the coupons before you sent them?

I am not sure, but does certified have to be signed for? If so you should have the initials/name of the person who accepted them.

If so, send them more copies of what was in your envelope to them and a copy of your certified receipt.

Just keep after them until you get an answer.

Good Luck

I am assuming you did not go through a TA. I would call RC and talk to whomever , in the dept that handles the credits to accounts from the BOA coupons. They should be able to tell you whether the OBC will be issued or however they are going to handle it. I sent in my coupon for a free cruise for 2, on Dec 13, 2006 through my TA and I have received my new invoice with the credit on it. You definetly should have received something by now. Good Luck!

Here is RCI's number regarding your Royal Caribbean Credit card points and any info you need on certificates...........1-888-305-4626.

I am hoping that you made copies of the certificates before mailing them off.

BTW......what a great mom you are to spend the points that you earned on your daughter. I wish you both a wonderful cruise........and good luck at BINGO!!

I have a signed copy "certified mail" received on December 20, 2006 which is why I need to talk to someone.. I booked direct thru RCCL and need to know whether I am to expect an on board credit or a credit to my already paid cruise on the RCC credit card. I did make copies of the coupons prior to sending them in, but I am not sure where to go from here.

I have a signed copy "certified mail" received on December 20, 2006 which is why I need to talk to someone.. I booked direct thru RCCL and need to know whether I am to expect an on board credit or a credit to my already paid cruise on the RCC credit card. I did make copies of the coupons prior to sending them in, but I am not sure where to go from here.

Again, call ...........1-888-305-4626. That is the department within RCI that handles all the certificates. I have been told it can take up to 45 days to apply them to your account once they are received by RCI.

call the number cruisinfever gave you and see what they say,it could be that they just havent gotten to post them yet,and will take a little more time,but call and ask then let us know what they said:))));)

bubbadog is right. Please let us know how you make out. There may be others on here who will benefit by your postings when it comes to sending in their coupons and what to expect time wise and such.;)

Good Luck

This situation happened to me a couple years ago. If I remember right, I called the credit card company and they contacted RCCL and they applied the shipboard credit to my account. I did not have to do another thing. I have a very helpfull CSR.

Again, call ...........1-888-305-4626. That is the department within RCI that handles all the certificates. I have been told it can take up to 45 days to apply them to your account once they are received by RCI.

Just an update...

I called the number today and they said that the $700 was applied on January 2nd and it would show up on the tv and my account the second day of the cruise. Thanks for the advice everyone! Jake is the person I talked to and he was very helpful in looking it up and making sure everything was already taken care of.

I am hoping someone can help me to understand how to get a certificate. I am thinking about going on a cruise for Easter and I am waiting till March to see if I can get a better price on a cruise. I was just wondering if that would be too late for me to try and get a certificate for an upgrade or credit for my cruise. I am not sure how long I would have before I had to mail it to my travel agent. Can anyone help with this. Thanks Janice

Just an update...

I called the number today and they said that the $700 was applied on January 2nd and it would show up on the tv and my account the second day of the cruise. Thanks for the advice everyone! Jake is the person I talked to and he was very helpful in looking it up and making sure everything was already taken care of.

Aren't we wonderful here on CC when we give out good information.......and this time it paid off!!:)

Have a great cruise.

Archived