Southwest Airlines Question

vesw01

I had posted earlier and I am not sure what happened to the post....

I am wondering if they have a group discount - if we book 10 people on the same flight? Also how does the queing up work especially with a large group - we have 6 kids flying with us so we would need to be near them. How far in advance of the flight should you que up? Does anyone know when fares for Sept would be available?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Victoria

No idea about the group discount I would suggest calling Southwest directly for a reliable answer on that.

You can check in online 24 hours before your flight and you get a group letter. A,B,C and then you get in the line for your letter. "A" will be let on the plane first, B second...then C

I have seen people line up in the letter queues an hour or so ahead of time to be first.

Sue

If used to fly Southwest all the time....but their reservations on-line are rarely ever updated....need a flight in May of '07 and they don't book that far in advance even though ALL.....ALL of the other airlines offer booking that far in advance.

Try Delta.....Much cheaper...I think the best Airline out there right now. More likely to give you a rate.

JMHO

This may be a double post.

the first time I replied....it disappeared.

Cruise Critic appears to be having some technical issues.

Surely couldn't be my perfect computer. :rolleyes:

Anyway.... I believe SW books only 6 months in advance.

The seating on SW is not assigned.

When you check in for your flight, they assign you to a Group.

Group A

Group B, etc...

When they call your Group, you go onto the plane...

and sit wherever you desire.

I recently booked 18 family members on the same round trip flights on SW to Orlando and I can tell you they do not have group bookings or rates. You can book 8 or 9 people at a time. Fortunately when I actually booked the dates had just opened up about 1hour before.

24 hours before your flight (I did it within 1 minute of the eligible time) you can do your on line check in. By doing it so quickly I was able to get all 18 of us in the A designation which allowed us to board first. Usually each group, A, B, C, D allows about 45-50 people through. There is also a pre-board line for people needing assistance or families with children 4 and under.

Good luck

Does anyone know when fares for Sept would be available?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Victoria

I would love to know...... We're trying to get a flight for May 12th and their web site shows their only doing ressies up to May 10th....GRRRR.:mad:

Guess we just have to keep checking.

vesw01,

If all of you get group A then you should not have any trouble getting seats near each other. If you have group A then there really isn't a reason to stand in line all that early, just be in it when they start boarding. Take everyone else's advice and check in online as soon as it's available so you have a better chance of getting group A.

Archived