Hertz Rental to Galveston Cruise Customs Bldg. How far is it?

monakayk

:confused::confused::confused:

Myself and DF are sailing on Ecstasy on Jan. 27th cruise and renting from Hertz, a car to get us back to Houston to catch our plane.

Hertz stated that we are to go to "the Cruise Customs Building-lower level to the Hertz counter to get our rental info for our car".

I was wondering how far that building was from CCL terminal?

Which way should we go when we get out of the terminal?

Is there a sidewalk (I would assume so) from the CCL terminal to the Customs Bldg.?

Also, will a Hertz employee take us to the car lot to get our car? That was not told to us when we made our reservations.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

I just returned from my 5 day cruise and had used Hertz rental in Galveston, TX.

The Hertz rental pick up/shuttle area is at Terminal #1 downstairs. Their shuttle picks you up outside and takes you to their off site rental building to get your car. It is at least 10 min. drive from the terminal.

They were very disorganized at the rental office and it took me over 30 mins. to get my car. And that was NOT waiting in line time...that was for the agent to log in his computer 4 different times to get my rental cost/car assignment right!

I had my reservation number with me...so that was not the problem. The problem was this particular agent didn't know what the heck he was doing and was trying to charge me double the price quoted when I made my reservation!:mad: Or maybe he DID know what he was doing and was trying to pull a fast one over me cause I was a women?!!!!

I will NEVER use Hertz in Galveston ever again!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I will stick with Enterprise Rental....they were great when I used them before.

Archived