Embarkation

BrittaniMV

Last April, I arrived with my luggage at Crown Bay a little before noon, and embarking wasn't until 3 pm. They were kind enough to accept my luggage up the gangway, and I returned later around 3pm. Once checked in, my luggage was in my suite.

I'm sure they would prefer "not" having your luggage too soon, but I can only expect that they would accommodate you, as they did me, rather than turning you (and your luggage) away for a few hours!

Hope this helps...others may know more, as well....

Paul

Last April, I arrived with my luggage at Crown Bay a little before noon, and embarking wasn't until 3 pm. They were kind enough to accept my luggage up the gangway, and I returned later around 3pm. Once checked in, my luggage was in my suite.

They seemed to be putting the finishing touches on the shopping center at Crown Bay in December. Maybe it will be finished by your March cruise.

Blackbird: Based on my experience last November, when you arrive at the Legend, you will be given, on the pier, a laminated embarkation card with a number on it. You then proceed aboard to the King Olav Lounge (main showroom) for check-in. Last November, I only waited a few minutes until my number was called. From the time you have checked in until 3:00 pm you are free to stay put or roam the public areas if the ship. Your suite will not be ready for occupancy until about 3:00 pm.

When you arrive at the KOL, there will be waiters abound offering champagne or any other liquid libation of your pleasure along with various sandwiches. The Sky Bar will be open serving liquid refresments and maybe some cookies and / or some fruit will be placed at the end of the bar on the port side. The Sky Grill most likely will not be open on embarkation day as it is usually only open on the sea days (weather permitting) and the fact that the crew is pretty busy getting the luggage delivered quickly to the suites and all the provisions properly stored.

If the food offerings upon embarkation do not tickle your fancy, you can call room service the minute you enter your suite and order something. However, you certainly do not want to eat too much and spoil your embarkation dinner. :p

I plan to eat a full breakfast at the Holiday Inn and bypass lunch.

Blackbird, give yourself ample time for breakfast as the restaurant staff at the Holiday Inn work at a snail's pace. Unless of course there is a buffet, I can't remember.

Archived