GREAT book on Hawaii

melika091900

Just got the frommers HAWAII 2007 book at the book store, it is awesome, a lot of info, and it includes maps,, it is the best book ive seen on hawaii , it includes all the islands, it was 19.99

just wanted to share ,,

Melissa

If you get a chance check out the "Revealed" series of books, they are by far the best on the market, for the full Hawaiian experience.

If you get a chance check out the "Revealed" series of books, they are by far the best on the market, for the full Hawaiian experience.

AGREED! I used the "Revealed" books on the Big Island and Kauai! I'm heading to Maui (non-cruise) this summer and the Maui book rocks!

I checked out the revealed books tonight at BN. I agree they are great, but at $16 a pop for 4 books, when we are at each island for such a short time, are they really worth it?

Deb

i dont know, but thats why I got the frommers one since it has all the islands in it , for 19.99

the ones you are talking about has only 1 island per book right ? I m just hoping I understood right,

Melissa

I checked out the revealed books tonight at BN. I agree they are great, but at $16 a pop for 4 books, when we are at each island for such a short time, are they really worth it?

Deb

Check with your local library, I rarely buy travel books, its much eaiser to just pick them up at the library and return them when you are done.

I picked up a new copy of Frommers Hawaii 2004 at Half Price Books for $1.00. The sights and beaches and maps will all be the same. Some of the restaurants may be out of business and prices listed will be higher, but the things to do and see are sill there. Also got Frommers' Maui 2004 for a $1.00.

AGREED! I used the "Revealed" books on the Big Island and Kauai! I'm heading to Maui (non-cruise) this summer and the Maui book rocks!

These books are definitely worth the price...I love them, especially the one on Kauai...Would have never found the Birds of Paradise motorized hang gliding without book...I'm in my 60's and it was a great adventure! Also it is invaluable if you are taking the Road to Hana on Maui..Great, great, great!!!

Maybe you can find some 2nd hand ones but, they won't be mine...I'll lend them out but not sell them...Elsie

• 3 weeks later...

Do any of the "Hawaiians" have any comment on the Revealed books? I'm new to the Hawaii board. I see there are a few nice accomodating Hawaiians who are willing to answer questions. I also "know" Mike Kaye from the NCL board.

I notice the Revealed book says to do the whole road to Hana even though I've read not to.

They also give a negative comment about a car rental place and call them "snotty" but then list them as one of the places to rent specialty vehicles.

I just got the books and have over a year to plan. They seem very informative - and very pretty, I was just wondering if anyone has any comment about the style or tone or even reliabilty.

Thank you

Just got back from Hawaii - POH - Jan 15-22nd. We are from Canada. Purchased the 4 books on line from Amazon.ca. $12.50 per book (Canadian). These books were the best investment we ever made, especially if you are travelling by car on each Island.

Noticed some people were selling their revealed books on E-Bay after their trip, so you could probably get close to your investment back if you wanted to.

John

Hi, Absolutely the Best investment I ever made with tours books!...In fact I'd never get rid of them as I plan to return to those islands every 2-3 years. I guess if you are not renting a car or plan to go on ship's tours, they may not be as important.

First time in Hawaii in 1996, we used Fieldings, Fodors and AAA books and while they were ok, I discovered the Revealed books (all but Oahu which had not been published) in 2000 when we returned again...

Kauai, Maui (especially the road to Hana) and the Big Island take on a whole new look when using these books...They were completely reliable as far as we are concerned..

Used them again with satisfaction in 2003..

As we are returning again next month, I have purchase updated editions and also added the one on Oahu...Wish all cruise ports had an equivalent tour book... Count on them for being accurate!! Elsie

My DH recently bought a new book to assist us in the planning on our cruise on POH in April. It is called Hawaii by Cruise Ship.

The book gives a very clear and consise description about what to see on each island, which is espcecially valuable for us cruisers who only have a day or in some cases, two days on each island.

I just found and ordered Frommers Complete 2006 Hawaii on half.com for $.75 plus $3.25 shipping. I can't wait to get it. We are on the Wind 3-3-07 for the 11 day Hawaii cruise. I soooo can't wait.:)

I also ordered Frommer's Hawaii 2006 on half.com and it came yesterday. One thing I don't understand is that there is only one map and it is of Maui. Mine doesn't say Complete as you said yours does.

Peggy

Archived