BBQ Lunch on the Islands?

crz11n

I believe that no ports have BBQ lunches on the islands any more. It got too hard for the crew to clean up the BBQ area as they were not looked after and they couldn't guarantee the hygeine requirements. You have to go back to the ship for lunch if you want to eat. Or just come back later and grab a pizza. We usually pick one island day to do this on!!

Cheers,

Charmain:)

I believe that no ports have BBQ lunches on the islands any more. It got too hard for the crew to clean up the BBQ area as they were not looked after and they couldn't guarantee the hygeine requirements. You have to go back to the ship for lunch if you want to eat. Or just come back later and grab a pizza. We usually pick one island day to do this on!!

Cheers,

Charmain:)

They used to do BBQ's on Lifou which were great fun but apparently the area around the BBQ was a bit suss. It's a shame really that this has stopped as it added to the day. They used to have volleyball on Champagne bay after lunch as well which was great fun but they don't do that anymore either.

• 1 month later...

i know someone who got off the sun nearly 2 weeks ago and she said at Mystery Island they had a seafood bbq lunch provided.:rolleyes: Anyone else had this? We are going to Mystery Island in April. I havent been there since i went on the fairstair. We were there for Xmas day, and my mum said we had a xmas lunch on the island, but i dont remember it.

On the isle of pines when we were there the island ladies made their Form of barbeque. Wasnt sure about teh quality of the food or hygiene but it looked ok. we also had barbeque on divine island

i know someone who got off the sun nearly 2 weeks ago and she said at Mystery Island they had a seafood bbq lunch provided.:rolleyes: Anyone else had this? We are going to Mystery Island in April. I havent been there since i went on the fairstair. We were there for Xmas day, and my mum said we had a xmas lunch on the island, but i dont remember it.

We went to Mystery Island a few weeks ago on the Pacific Princess - no BBQ there except the locals cooked fresh lobster that you paid $10 for. We always go back to the ship for lunch - not worth the risk of getting sick eating food not prepared properly.:rolleyes: Mummsie

• 2 weeks later...
We went to Mystery Island a few weeks ago on the Pacific Princess - no BBQ there except the locals cooked fresh lobster that you paid $10 for. We always go back to the ship for lunch - not worth the risk of getting sick eating food not prepared properly.:rolleyes: Mummsie

Just got off the sun ...no barbeque lunch on Mystery Island but you could buy freshly cooked crayfish(which many did have)

You could choose what size lobster you wanted on Mystery island so size dictated the cost. Very small ones for $10 I imagine, we had a $25 one and it was good for two of us. We're a bit too lazy to get into all the legs and claws, but the guy next to us managed to get every scrap out of a huge $40 lobster and shared between 4 people. We washed any messy bits under bottled water and had the aqua soap stuff with us at all times. No other food we could see to buy on Mystery Island and same for Wala, but we did buy these yummy banana chips that were SO yummy we wanted to buy more but they must have sold out. They looked like they would be sweet like banana's but they were salty like potato crisps. Grab them if you see them!

Just to add... either have an early breakfast then come back from the island's (the small ones) for a late lunch on the boat if you want to plan it around food as they didn't have anything on Wala, Mystery or Isle of Pines that you could even buy. We had a late breakfast and waited for the queues to die down for the tenders so didn't go to the island's until 11:30am - no queues (but we missed the best of the weather as it got cloudy most atfernoon's which we found a blessing). We then didn't need lunch and just had a snack when we got back on the boat. There's sandwiches and things until at least 4pm every day & then you can buy pies/sausage rolls etc.. or pizza after that if you can't wait until dinner. not many snackes to buy from the shops/bars - a few crisps and chocolates. Plenty of food at meal times though, you certainly don't go without for long.

Archived