NCL Dress

TreeCity

What is the typical dress for dinner on NCL esp POA. Does anyone dress for formalnight or can we forget about packing the extra clothes? :p Also do the women wear dresses, skirts or just slacks for dinning? I am assuming that the men probably just wear polo's and dockers. I don't want to bring unnecessary clothes but don't want to be over or under dressed so any suggestions are welcome.

What night is lobster night on POA? (or is there a lobster night?:confused: )

Thanks

Dress was pretty casual all the way around. You don't have to break out the sequins unless you want to. Most people are pretty worn out from doing the islands all day and didn't seem to dress up on this one as much, although there were a few. Dockers and polos (or aloha shirts) are perfect for guys just about every night. I wore capris most nights and did bring a semi-casual dress (although longish) on formal night and did not feel out of place at all.

I'm doing POH soon and after a rather...intense...family discussion on what to wear, I think we're going to have to skip any "formal" festivities - I just can't get either one of my boys (husband and teen son) to go with anything "tie" related. :rolleyes:

They tell me it's "vacation" and it's "HAWAII!!!" and they are looking forward to loud hawaiian shirts and dockers as the wardrobe of choice. In a way, I'm relieved, because being uncomfortable is one less thing they'll whine about... thus improving MY vacation! :D

And it leaves more room in the luggage for precious treasures to "lug" home.

I get the feeling that the vibe on the PO- cruises is pretty darn casual.

From some of the Freestyles posted on the 'net, it would seem that there's a regular formal night on the fourth night and an optional formal on the 6th night (Thurs/Sat on a Monday departure).

Anyone know if that's still the schedule now???

From some of the Freestyles posted on the 'net, it would seem that there's a regular formal night on the fourth night and an optional formal on the 6th night (Thurs/Sat on a Monday departure).

Anyone know if that's still the schedule now???

All formal nights are optional on NCL/NCLA. You can dress formally or not as you choose. We did not see many shorts on men or women in the restaurants in the evening. They request long pants for men and long pants or dresses for women if you go to the dining room or restaurants. Of course, you can wear shorts in the buffet and other areas of the ship.

Aloha wear was definitely prevelant throughout the ship. DH wore casual slacks with subdued aloha shirts every night. I wore slacks, skirts, and dresses, but nothing fancy or formal, with nice sandals.

On the first optional formal night, there were many pax wearing the usual formal wear, but I'd say maybe only about 25% (rough estimate).

beachchick

We went casual all the way. It's Hawaii for chrissakes!!! I only brought two (2) pairs of pants and one was black jeans. After eating in the dining room I put on shorts for the rest of the evening. I didn't even bother bringing a jacket or tie or any of that stuff. I wore Aloha wear to dinner ever night. Hardly anyone dressed up for Formal night on my POAM cruise and our lobster night was Tuesday BTW. Have a blast on your cruise!

Men have to wear pants to dinner. I didn't ever see men in shorts at dinner, but I did see jeans. My father in law and I usually wore kakhis. My wife wore capri pants to dinner a few times and it was fine.

I'd say, do a formal night if you want to one night, but if you do, choose to because YOU want to. At dinner time you will see lots of people in comfortable Hawaiian clothes, some resort casual, some people in suits and nice dresses, and everything in between. It's YOUR vacation.

I say, dress comfortably, and dress up if it makes you happy. Don't worry about fitting in.

We just returned from the Pride of Aloha and lobster night was Monday. Formal pictures with the captain were on Tuesday. We went to the dining room almost every night my husband always were khakis and a hawaian shirt. I wore capris and a button down blouse. We never felt over or under dressed. Have a great cruise.

Archived