conquest? will I be ok?

trey420

I'm looking for my next ship to sail on I am looking at the conquest.

I want to be able to eat alone with my GF is that something I can do?

I am looking at 8457 or 8450 aft wing cabins will they be ok cabins on veranda deck noise traffic?

I like to eat when I want to with fixed times will have to go hungry till next time if i miss?

Is there anything hot on the roomservice menu.

can the people above the veranda deck see in?

are the shows/entertainment any good?

any othere points that you could give me that might help me make up my mind I pre thank you for.

You can see the Maitre'D when you board and request a table for 2, you may or may not get it.

I like to eat when I want to with fixed times will have to go hungry till next time if i miss?

The only dining that is fixed or assigned is dinner. If you miss your dinner time, there are plenty of other options... You should NEVER go hungry on a cruise

No, it is a limited menu... sandwiches and the like

I enjoyed the Conquest... great ship. We stayed in the AFT Upper Deck and it was fine... some noise from the showroom, but nothing that bothered me.

You can request a table for two when you make the booking. It won't be guaranteed, but if it's not the seating arrangement you want once on board, you can request a change through the Maitre d'. (None but Platinum status cruisers - 10 or more Carnival cruises under their belt - get to choose their exact seating.)

You can find something delightful to eat 24 hrs. a day on a Carnival ship. The deli, the pizzeria, ice cream, yogurt - all open 24 hrs. a day, as well as room service. You won't go hungry between meals, believe me.

No hot foods, although the fajitas are served sorta warm. Hot chocolate, hot tea, coffee, etc. - all served in carafes to stay hot.

are the shows/entertainment any good?

I was on the Conquest a few months ago. I thoroughly enjoyed the big production shows in the main showlounge. I don't go to the other shows like comedians, magicians, etc., so can't help you there. Everyone else seemed to enjoy them.

any othere points that you could give me that might help me make up my mind I pre thank you for.

I don't know which lines you're accustomed to sailing, but Carnival has something for everyone. You can join in or have quieter times - it's up to you. I, personally, don't enjoy the hoopla of the pool games, so avoid them and find a quiet spot - but if you're into that type thing as many are, you'll have a blast.

I think you'll enjoy the fact that Carnival's cabins are the largest in the industry. They also serve complimentary cappuccino and espresso in the dining room - something you don't find on other ships without them charging for it. Little things - but they all add up. Also - staff and crew friendliest of any I've encountered, and the food is far superior to what I recently had on RCCL....and I know food because I'm a retired chef and F&B director.

You'll enjoy Carnival as much or more than any other line, I'm sure.:)

Hey Cotton, I've never seen a deli open 24 hours (the deli is my favorite, so I could eat it anytime, LOL) It was generally closed by 11pm.. did you have a different experience?? LOOOOVE the turkey on country roll :D

I've been on the Conquest, so I'll try and answer as many of your questions as possible. :)

As for eating alone with your GF, that depends on what you mean by alone. If you want to be totally alone, then you can stay in your room and order room service 24 hours a day. If you are looking for something a bit more intimate than the main dining room for dinner, then you might be interested in trying the supper club. You have to make reservations and it's an extra $30 per person, but you will have a table for two, as opposed to being seated with a large group in the dining room.

I stayed in an aft room on the Empress deck, which is only one below the Veranda, and the deck noise traffic wasn't bad at all.

No, you won't go hungry! If you miss the fixed times in the dining room, then there is always the buffet on the Lido deck, the grill out by the pool and the 24 hour pizza, also both located on the Lido deck. There's also room service 24 hours, as I mentioned above.

I don't know about anything hot on the room service menu, warm, maybe, but I wouldn't count on hot.

As for people above you seeing in, are you talking about a balcony room or one with a window? I stayed in an interior room with no window, so I'm afraid I can't be much help with that question. :)

Yes, the shows/entertainment is very good, in my opinion. I went every night after dinner and always enjoyed myself. I don't know if they are still on the Conquest - I sailed on there six months ago - but when I went, there was a very good band in one of the lounges every night. I think their name was Blood Power or something like that. They are a real treat.

We've cruised the Conquest twice, and we love that ship so much that we are reluctant to spread our wings and try other ships. (although we are forcing ourselves to try a couple of others!) I think all of your questions have been answered well, so I'll just add a little to what has already been said. We were on the Empress deck 7 near the forward elevators. It was a great location, very quiet. I don't think we would like to be in the aft area, because there seems to be some vibration or "something" back there. It was sometimes "bouncy", for lack of a better word. We noticed this several times when we were dining in the Monet, which is at the rear of the ship. Of course, the Monet is on a lower level (decks 3 & 4), closer to the engines, so maybe this is why it's a little rough back there. So you might want to give this some thought, if a smooth ride is important to you. You will love the Conquest, its crew, and the shows!!

Archived