Rumbaba Sail Charters

tomstur

I just reserved this boat based on the outstanding reviews from this site. Can't wait to get there in March! Couldn't beleive it was still open. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to bring or what to pre-arrange with Bobby? What food or drink did you like best? Or anything else you can add. Thanks.

We just got back from the Jewel of the Seas and our Rumbaba day was the high point of the trip!!! - The food & service were unbelievable!! Although it was a very rough and windy day, Captain Bobby found us nice, calm snorkling water. - We sailed around, then dropped anchor and snorkeled, then had lunch, and then snorkeled again. Put on lots of sunscreen before you go! If you take a hat, it needs to have straps or be tight (if it's as windy as our day was), and bring a shirt or coverup in case you get too much sun. We had 5 on the boat - my group of 3 and another couple who had booked separately. 3 of us had the Mahi Mahi, which was awesome, one had chicken - which I didn't try but she raved about it being the best she'd had. My friend had the tuna, which she said was very good. I don't think you could go wrong with any of it!! As far as value for the money, Rumbaba I think would be hard to beat!!

Hi,

We just got back from sailing with Capt Bobby and Karen. They were awesome! We didn't have a horribly windy day, but we did end up getting rained on for a bit. But, Capt Bobby got us out of the rain and we ended up at a great snorkel site. There were only 4 of us on the boat and we had a great time. The food was great. Karen makes awesome shrimp and dip as part of the appetizers, wonderful banana bread in the morning, and then for lunch I had the chicken (great!) and my husband had top sirloin. He said it was really good too. The other folks on the boat with us had the Mahi Mahi which they really enjoyed. So, really, whatever you choose to eat, you can't go wrong. At the end of the sailing day, Karen brought out warm chocolate chip cookies. Enjoy your sail with them!

Also if you're looking for more people, go out on the roll call thread for your cruise (assuming there is one) and see if anyone else wants to go. - Also there will be other ships in port with you that day, so Capt. Bobby may get some interest from that. - Try not to miss it, it's one of the best excursions ever!!

I am looking at this for our stop in St. Thomas. It will be our anniversary and think this a great thing to do. Does anyone have any negatives? Does anyone have any pictures? How was your snorkeling? Is this one also a maximum of 6 people?

Thanks.

Mindi

Mindi: I researched this outing very extensively and found zero negative comments from anyone that had been out on this boat. In fact, most everyone says it was the highlight of their trip! Captain Bobby is quick to respond to email and it sounds like a fantastic day of sailing and snorkeling. Oh, I forgot about eating and drinking too!:-)

Mindi: I researched this outing very extensively and found zero negative comments from anyone that had been out on this boat. In fact, most everyone says it was the highlight of their trip! Captain Bobby is quick to respond to email and it sounds like a fantastic day of sailing and snorkeling. Oh, I forgot about eating and drinking too!:-)

Can you give Capt. Bobby's email and/or websites? How much can we expect to pay? Is it per person or a set price for the charter? We'll be in St. Thomas on Christmas Day!! Do you suppose it operates then? :confused:

And . . . how do I find out how many other ships are in port that day?

Thanks.

GG

Archived