Gus' Excursion - Weight Requirement?

samtig

We are considering Gus' excursion in Guatemala. I read on cc that there was a weight requirement of no one over 200 lbs. on a boat tour but can't remember if it was Gus' or not. DH is over 200. Does anyone know? Thanks.

There were many people over 200 lbs on our trip with Gus. Nobody had problems with the boats but some had difficulty walking to the school, it was uphill part of the way. This was not a weight factor but some of the folks don't ever do any exercise and are very out of shape.

Notice the word walk - I would not even call it a hike. It was a pleasant 5 minute walk with an uphill incline. If this is o.k. you will be fine. If not, skip the school visit and you still enjoy the rest of the trip.

Gus' trip is still my favorite excursion from all the cruises I have been on.

There were many people over 200 lbs on our trip with Gus. Nobody had problems with the boats but some had difficulty walking to the school, it was uphill part of the way. This was not a weight factor but some of the folks don't ever do any exercise and are very out of shape.

Notice the word walk - I would not even call it a hike. It was a pleasant 5 minute walk with an uphill incline. If this is o.k. you will be fine. If not, skip the school visit and you still enjoy the rest of the trip.

Gus' trip is still my favorite excursion from all the cruises I have been on.

Gus goes to three different schools. The one we visited was right on the river. No walking. It depends on which school he visits when you take the tour.

Archived